Chapter 14

Meanwhile, while Demetria sat in the ever so slowly darkening room, Sebastian took care of the still sick Ciel. “Are you sure you do not wish for me to call the doctor, Young Master?” Sebastian asked Ciel, looking at the pale Ciel. Ciel groaned and looked at Sebastian with an annoyed glare.

    “If you call the do… do…” Ciel had to stop speaking to sneeze-which he did rather violently. “Doctor… I’m not letting you leave the manor without me for a week….” Ciel said, his mind foggy with sickness. Sebastian sighed softly and nodded as he brought over a damp towel for Ciel’s forehead. He placed the damp towel on Ciel’s forehead to help calm a raging fever. Ciel sighed softly, his eyes drifting close. Sebastian was about to get up to leave Ciel alone in his room, when Ciel grabbed Sebastian’s wrist loosely. “Don’t go yet… I want you to be here when I wake up…” Ciel said, his voice tired. After saying that he mumbled softly, “That’s an order Sebastian…” Closing his eyes, Ciel drifted off into the world of sleep and dreams.

    Sebastian sighed softly and mentally groaned, knowing that his search for Demetria would have to be put off for another day seeing as his Bocchan was reluctant to let him leave the manor. He heard a soft knock on the door and went over the the doors, opening one, he saw Mey-Rin standing outside it holding a note in her hand. “Someone left a note for you Mr. Sebastian…” Mey-Rin said, handing a note to Sebastian-staring at his face the whole time.

    Sebastian nodded and gave Mey-Rin his thanks, taking the note and closing the door. He opened the note and started to read through it, mumbling it to himself.

    “Dearest brother of hell, So… I see you haven’t come for the girl yet. You must not love her very much. That or you are too loyal to your young master. I’ll tell you now, I will find a way to make the phoenix love me before you could ever have her. Though she may not be the prettiest, she has a… fiery… soul. It shines very bright and is much more attractive than a human soul. I’m surprised you haven’t figured it out yet, after all, you have spent much more time with her then I have… I will see you in hell brother… Much Hate, Chad.” Sebastian sighed softly and rolled his eyes when he finished reading it, annoyed by this demons antics. He was fairly sure that he had never met this demon before, and they were just being annoying, but the name was familiar. Sebastian was sure that he had heard it before. He sighed and shook off the thought and folded the note up, tucking it into his pocket-along with the other two notes that he had yet to take out of his jacket pocket. He sat down in a chair in the room and picked up his book that he had recently brought into Ciel’s room, and started to read the book, his mind drifting to Demetria every once in a while-causing him to have to restart the page over again.

    Demetria put the book back, bored with it already as she made her way out into the main room, leaving the door with the natural lighting open behind her. She sighed softly, honestly bored with nothing to do. Yes, she could keep reading, but she didn’t feel like reading right now, it just didn’t seem to be meeting her interests at the moment. She was going to make her way over to the bathroom when she heard a knock on the door, she sighed softly and stopped in the middle of her room and looked at the door. “Come in!” Demetria called, making her way back over to the bed. She sighed softly and sat down, figuring that it was Chad coming back to take the tray back with him. She looked down at her lap and rubbed her arm, only looking up when she saw someone standing in front of her.

    “What’s wrong?” Chad asked Demetria, looking down at her as she sat on the bed.

    “Nothing… just bored.” Demetria stated, looking up at Chad. He sat down on the bed and looking at Demetria’s hands, raising his eyebrow slightly when he saw her rubbing her arm. She stopped, noticing that he was staring and decided to just rest her hand in her lap.