001; you're so predictable

Start from the beginning

"If you want to hang with Syd instead I'm cool with that." Kate replied as she shook her head, "she's your girlfriend so.."

"No, I want to be there and cheer you on." Evie said through a small laugh, "i'll be coming, i'll be your plus one. Were you nominated?"

"...No, just invited." Kate told her with a small smile, "but it's all about the experience anyway, we can go to the club afterwards."

"Okay.. well how is that album going?" Evie asked her, watching her instantly roll her eyes followed by a shake of her head, "not good..?"

"I have two songs I want on there for definite," Kate frowned while she placed her phone on the table, "I don't know what else to put on there. I'm aiming for at least ten songs."

"What are those two songs?"

"What a shame and potential breakup song," she nodded as Evie sat there with a small smile.

"Okay, so about heartbreak."

"I have no experience in anything else." Kate held her hands up in defence whilst laughing slightly.

"You're in a relationship." Evie told her.

"Well, it's not official." Kate tilted her head, "Isaac hasn't asked yet."

"And you think he'll ask?"

"Yeah," she nodded and grabbed her glass, "you need to believe me when I say therapy helped him."

"Being sober helped him."

"Which was a result of the therapy." She corrected Evie, "he's great, trust me."

"I don't... I can't trust that." Evie frowned as she folded her arms and sighed, "to me, I still see the narcissistic dickhead he was a year ago."

"Okay, anyways.. we're moving on from my love life." She raised her eyebrows just as their food arrived to the table.

"Thank you for coming out for lunch," Evie spoke up.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because i've been asking for weeks," she mumbled, fiddling with her rings as Kate gave no reply, a flash from her phone as she took a picture of her meal to post for her followers, "Kate."

"Hm? Sorry." She looked up, "what did you say?"

"I just said i've been asking for weeks.. so thanks."

"Oh, yeah i've been too busy." She shook her head, "I need to start balancing everything, sometimes the studio and Isaac get too much."

"Yeah, you're hardly home." Evie laughed slightly, it quickly dying down as she stared at her food, "are you coming to Hazel's birthday?"

"When is it?"

"On her birthday."

"The third?"

"The fifth." Evie sighed, "the fifth of July, Kate."

"Are we not celebrating the fourth?" Kate furrowed her eyebrows, "surely we'd be too hungover, can't she just combine it with the celebrations the night before?"

"Well we were going to stay in for the fourth and go out for Hazel's birthday." Evie explained, "we did discuss that in the group chat."

"Right," Kate nodded, "yeah no, I saw that."

"Okay, so that's a yes to the plans?" Evie raised her brows and titled her head, "..Kate."

"Yes, yeah I will be there." Kate gave her a smile, "don't worry."

"Thank you." She smiled, "it means a lot. Also, I think I've got an interview for this new job on-"

"Wait," Kate held her hand up as she stared at her phone, the girl sat opposite her slouching slightly in her seat before her best friend looked at her, "do you mind if I-"

"Have fun," Evie nodded, her hand gesturing to the restaurant doors while staring at her plate.

"You're the best," she smiled, putting her jacket on as she grabbed some notes from her purse and placed them beside the girl, "keep the change after paying for the meal, i'll be back in a few hours and you can tell me then."

Evie nodded and forced a smile watching the girl leave the building, instantly sighing and rolling her eyes while throwing her hoodie over her head, "you're so predictable."

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

first impressions of kate as a lil popstar what
are our thoughts