16 ◕ Cold (🇬🇧 vers)

Start from the beginning

“!!!”

Chanyeol turned around in surprise as his body was pulled back.  He looked at Kris, his lover was now by his side and glared at Joohyuk.

Joohyuk smiled faintly, "Hi Kris" he said with a smile that looked down on Kris.  Kris sighed.

“Don't cross the line”

Joohyuk laughed.  He approached Chanyeol who was looking at him closely, he smiled faintly.  “For you, I will find you wherever you are.  So running or disappearing is useless, Hyung.”

After saying that, Joohyuk walked away by turning his footsteps backwards.  The pain was so stabbing and suffocating.  He held his breath and closed his eyes for five seconds.

Before he opened his eyes again and smiled faintly.  'In the end I'll always by your side and stay with you, Chanyeol Hyung'

◉❥

"Congratulations, you're pregnant!"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes in disbelief.  He just idly checked himself to the doctor because lately his body felt so weak.

"N-ne?"

“Your fetus is ten days old, please take good care of your health”

Chanyeol blinked, but still forced a smile.  He took the letter the doctor handed him.  Then walked away and left the medicine-smelling room in silence.

Along the way, he felt so confused.  There was no happiness, only shock, surprise, and— don't know, but Chanyeol was worried about something.

He walks until he reach Joohyuk's company.

He was silent in front of Joohyuk's company building.  Then walked into it at a slow pace.

Until he arrived at the floor where Joohyuk's room was.  He stood there for a long time, unsure whether to enter or not, until he sighed and walked towards the garden on the floor.

He sat on a park bench that was there.  His eyes stared intently at the twilight sky.  While his hand gripped the paper of the results of the examination which stated that he was pregnant.

He closed his eyes and rubbed his flat stomach.  Then closed his eyes again when he felt dizzy again.

'perhaps the effect of getting pregnant' he thought to which his heart and logic agreed.  He closed his eyes and an uncomfortable feeling in his little heart was present.

He furrowed his brows.  The discomfort was getting more and more pressing and made him suffocate.  It happened suddenly and was very strong whack him.

He forced himself to his feet, trying to brace himself, then walked into Joohyuk's room and opened it without knocking.

"Dear?"

Chanyeol looked at Joohyuk, “It hurts…” he said then his body wobbled almost falling, but Joohyuk caught him first and carried him to the sofa.  Sit it down.

"It hurts, Joohyuk"

"What?"

Chanyeol squeezed the shirt he was wearing.  Squeezing his left side then gasped, "Ah.. it hurts..."

Joohyuk took the white paper that was in Chanyeol's hand and opened it.  His eyes rounded.

"Honey are you pregnant?!"

Joohyuk stared in disbelief then hugged Chanyeol tightly.  "I love you!!  Thank you!!"  he said, forgetting that Chanyeol was desperately holding back the tightness and pain that shot through his heart.  As if being squeezed by a prickly invisible hand.

Joohyuk was already happy and drowned in his excitement.  He didn't catch Chanyeol's pained expression even clearly.

Chanyeol is biting his lower lip, silently praying that the tightness would disappear.  But in fact it is getting more pressing.  He was so frantic but Joohyuk was busy hugging him.  Busy happy with paper in hand.

"Hurts…"

Joohyuk came back to his senses as Chanyeol went limp in his embrace.  He patted Chanyeol's cheek who didn't get a response.

He stood up and ran to his car, telling Jisoo to take him to the hospital.  Along the way Joohyuk prayed,

Hope his son is fine.

.

Sehun wasted his time at his father's house.  After begging to his father, his father finally allowed him to stay three more days there, with his mother.

He was playing alone in the living room when he heard the sound of something breaking from his father's study.

“IF YOU FORGET!  I REMEMBER YOU ARE HIS FATHER!”

“YOU KNOW I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HIM!  YOU KNOW HOW I—

“WU YI FAN!!”

Sehun looked up at the floor and sighed.  He pulled out a photo of his favorite person and then walked to the backyard of his father's house.

“Are all parents as selfish as they are?”  he asked the empty wind.  He looked up at the sky,

“Chanyeol, do you already have children?  He must be happy because you are his parents," Sehun said then looked at the door he had previously passed.

Sehun knows he is selfish.  He wants to be with his papa and mama, that's something he shouldn't want.

But Sehun wanted to feel it even for a week.  But it seems his parents don't want to lower their egos and share their time with him a little.

Sehun doesn't ask for many things.  Just being in a room of three and chatting, would the world end if the two of them did that?

'Byur!!!!'

Sehun gasped.  His body automatically moves frantically trying to reach the surface.

The pool that was higher than him, the cold water that surrounded his body, he who fell and couldn't reach the pool wall was now moving in a panic.

Water entered his nose as well as his mouth.  He swallowed and inhaled the water.  His heart hurts.  He lost a lot of oxygen and was exhausted.

His brain was dying.  He screamed for help, but no one came to save him.  He cried, but it was no use.  Sehun felt unable to hold on.

"Ugh!!"

One last bubble came out of his mouth as his body went limp and fell to the bottom of the pool.  His hand gripped Chanyeol's photo.

Just before the darkness swallowed him whole, he called out to Chanyeol.  Imagine, if only he was born by Chanyeol, if only his mother was Park Chanyeol,

Darkness hit little Sehun hard.

The body of the little five-year-old Sehun touched the bottom of the pool.

Cold, and alone. 

Silence, just-
a cold void.