ONE

Lundyn

I walked back into my room and laid down on my bed. I pulled my laptop in front of me and searched for something to watch on Netflix.

As I was searching for a movie my bestfriend busted through my bedroom door.

"Bestfriend!"she yelled and plopped down on my bed.

"Danica what do yo ass want?"I asked as I closed my laptop.

"Why yo ass all cooped up in the house?"

"Cause I wanna be lazy today."

"Well get yo lazy ass up,"she pulled my covers off of me,"We goin to Del Amo mall."

I blew out breath,"Nah, I'm straight. You can go without me."

She smacked her lips and rolled her eyes,"Come on Lundyn, please."

I sighed,"Whatever."

I grabbed my Ugg boots but she stopped me.

"Uh, I know you not goin nowhere with me lookin like who did it and why."

"You wanted me to come, so take me as I am,"I said nonchalantly and grabbed my keys after I put my Uggs on. I had on some leggings, a big Stanford University hoodie, my Uggs and my hair was messy.

"At least fix your hair,"she complained.

I stared at my annoying ass bestfriend and smirked. We always be annoying to each other and I wouldnt want to have it no other way. I grabbed my brush and some edge control and slicked my hair up into a bun.

"Better?"

"Just a little. Now lets go,"she said and we left out my room.

"Ma, I'll be back in a few,"I said to my momma as me and Danica made our way to the front door.

"Dont be out too late Christina,"she replied as she braided my cousin's hair.

"Okay mommy, I got you. Love you,"I said and we left out the house.

Me and my momma is very close, she was like another bestfriend to me. If I didnt want to talk to Danica about something, I would go to my momma and talk to her. My momma had me when she was sixteen years old so I guess thats why we was so close, since we kind of close in age. Yall probably wondering about how me and my dad's relationship is. Well my dad lives back in the Dominican Republic with his wife and two kids, he never wanted to leave the DR cause that's his home. My momma left him when I was about seven years old and we been in the states for ten years now. She caught him cheating with his wife now and we had left without turning back.

My mom is originally from Puerto Rico but her and my dad had met in Florida. My mom was born in Puerto Rico but raised in Miami, and she met my dad when he was out there doing his illegal business. I have no siblings on my mom's side but I got siblings on my dad's side.

Me and my mom now reside in Cali and I love living in the states and I was too happy to be leaving the DR. Once we made it to Cali, I was ecstatic. We been in the same house since we moved here and I loved it. Me and Danica been friends since the sixth grade and nothing could break us apart, she was like the sister I never had.

We got into my grey 2014 Chevy Impala and I pulled off.

"So why we goin to Del Amo?"I asked as I drove through traffic.

"Cause I wanted to,"Danica replied and continued to text away on her phone.

"We can just go to the South Bay Galleria mall, since its just up the street."