10. 1 Arrogance

Nagumo POV

I grabbed Kei's chin, and forced her to look into my eyes.

"You heard what I said, right, Kei?"

"Stop calling me Kei," She glared angrily.

Where did the bashful and nervous look she gave yesterday?

Where did the blush on her cheeks go when I called her name?

"Haa... So you've been lying to me all this time huh?"

She didn't answer that, but I'm sure it was true that Karuizawa Kei had tricked me.

"Was that Ayanokouji's orders too?"

My question made her purple eyes quiver, she tried to escape my gaze but I gripped her chin harder, she screamed in pain.

"Why? I don't understand why you're so dependent on him. I've heard stories from Ichika, you're nothing more than a tool to Ayanokouji, you're nothing more than a stepping stone to his success, why would you sacrifice so much just for him?"

(As you know, Ichika heard the incident on the rooftop from Ryuuen).

"What do you know about me?!"

Kei's angry shout got me hooked, I released my grip from her face.

I could see the imprint of my hand there, her cheek was bleeding from my nails that pierced her.

"I know you more than Ayanokouji, I know your past, all the past you want to forget. I know why you were bullied, I know why your parents didn't help you, I even know who the person who left the deepest wound in your heart was."

Kei couldn't say anything, her lips turned pale, I could see she was biting her tongue in anger.

But I continued my words.

"The one who knows all your secrets is me, not Ayanokouji."

After saying that, I saw Kei open her mouth.

"Then what? What do you want from me?"

"I already said, I want you to get away from Kudou Ikusei. Get as far away from this place as possible."

Kei looked at me for a long time, then he answered back.

"What's your big ego really thinking, senpai? What's the point of you expelling me from this school? It won't show you're any better than Kiyotaka."

She's right.

What the hell am I doing right now?

Why do I so desperately want to beat Ayanokouji?

Kei was right, I won't get any rewards by forcing her out of school.

I also couldn't return the 60 million points that Ayanokouji had taken from me.

The only thing I have now is the SCP title as well as the support from my classmates.

I even imagined Kiriyama betrayed now, of all people, he must be the one who told Ayanokouji about my corruption.

There's no benefit at all.

I know it.

And maybe hurting Kei means nothing to Ayanokouji, but my ego demands that I do this.

Because I believe.

Kei is his weakness.

"That's because you are Ayanokouji's weakness."

Kei glared at me.

Ah, I can see blood dripping from Kei's lips.

It seemed like she was biting her lip in anger.

I can understand the reason.

"It's fine if removing you means nothing to him, but with that, I have proven I can eliminate those closest to him. That way Ayanokouji will return to being a loner, without friends, and who stands alone with no one beside him."

"What are you talking about?! Kiyotaka is never alone, he has me, he has his friends from AG, he has Chabashira-sensei, he also has classmates who will always protect him. Don't talk nonsense!"

Huh, what is she talking about?

Wasn't that just her imagination?

"Kei, do you know that someone is after Ayanokouji? Even Substitute Director Tsukishiro offered 20 million points to expel Ayanokouji from school. Do you think Ayanokouji's enemies are few? Do you think I'm the only threat to him? Don't be stupid, if I was in Ayanokouji's situation I would choose to cut ties with all of you too. Protecting others will only make things difficult for me, you understand what I mean right?"

Again I forced her to look at me.

"You and everyone around him are just a burden to him, that's why if you really love him. Go away, disappear from his life, and don't be a burden to him anymore."

Thanks to my words, the previously dry tears fell from Kei's eyes again.

"See, you're even crying just because of this. Can you face what's to come?"

I don't care how devastated Karuizawa Kei is when she heard my words.

My only goal is to break her mentality and make her give up now.

Made her leave Ayanokouji.

That way, Ayanokouji would lose someone close to him.

I don't care if Ayanokouji will be sad if his girlfriend disappears.

All I want is proof.

Proof that I can do whatever I want.

Get rid of those closest to him.

Getting rid of the person he trusted the most.

Ruined his confidence.

I'm Nagumo Miyabi.

My arrogance will never accept the fact that I lost. Even if I lose, I'm still a winner.

People who don't understand me will never know.

That arrogance can be both a healer and a wound to its owner.

Nagumo Miyabi was full of arrogance.

That's my destiny.

That's a role I've lived my whole life.

Being a kind, humble, and the pure-spirited person is the most hypocrisy I hate.

Because I believe, this world was not created for good people.

4th January 2022.