THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN
Everest

"It's not like Callie to be sick for work. In fact, she's never been sick." Miller speaks out and I gulp deciding to avoid eye contact with him.

I think I've fucked things up.

Majorly.

Yes I fell asleep last night while watching a film with Callie, but then I also woke up in the middle of the night to see her asleep on my chest and it was the best feeling in the world. Having my arms wrapped around her body and the warmth that radiated off of her made me feel so relaxed and whole. It made me realise how perfect she is.

However, I woke up cold. She wasn't next to me and it finally hit me that I've probably gone and scared her off — I've probably ruined our chances with her all together.

I'm so fucking in love with that woman and I have been since the day I met her. She literally makes me simp so fucking hard for her and she doesn't even know it.

"Ev?" I blink and look at Miller to see him looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah?"

"Phoenix was saying how she didn't seem that ill this morning and she came out of the movie room." Fuck.

"She seemed a bit startled when I saw her." Phoenix speaks up.

Double fuck.

"No idea." I exhale and scratch the back of my neck.

Miller frowns.

He knows.

"What the fuck have you done, Everest?" He questions in a low voice and I watch as his jaw ticks.

I look over at Phoenix to see the hard stare etched onto his face. A nervous laugh escapes my mouth because you don't want to be on the receiving end of Phoenix's bad side.

"Look don't be mad —"

"Trust me, Everest, I'm already mad." Miller scoffs and I nibble on my bottom lip as I try and figure out how to explain to my two best friends that she's probably scared of us right now.

"We were watching a movie in the cinema room and we fell asleep together. I couldn't resist, okay, she was just in my arms and it felt so right. She must of woken up in shock and ran." I blurt out and run my hands stressfully down my face.

"You're a fucking idiot." Miller shakes his head and Phoenix continues to glare at me. "You know what Callie is probably thinking? She's probably thinking she's going to lose her job. Everest, she doesn't understand the feelings we have for her." He scolds me and I clench my jaw.

"You think I don't know that. I'm pretty sure if either of you were in the situation I was in last night, you would of done the same thing and don't tell me you wouldn't because that's bullshit!" I stand up from my chair and exclaim. "For once last night I felt content. So you know what, I'm not fucking sorry. I don't regret it one bit."

Miller looks at me in disbelief but as of right now I don't care.

"Maybe I should take advantage of this because if she were to find out what we really did for a living she'd definitely run for the hills." I point and I look over at Phoenix who looks like he wants to punch me in the face.

"Shut the fuck up." He sneers and I hold my hands up in defence because he really would punch me in the face.

He's done it once before because I kept teasing him over being a mummy's boy.

"You know what we need to do now? Talk to her at some point, because knowing our Callie she's probably ready to put in her resignation letter right now." Miller sighs and my jaw clenches at the thought of her leaving us.