Chapter 57

"Come on! Wakey-wakey," James patted her cheeks and peered into her face expectantly.

He had watched Arianrhod consume drink after drink and knew that she would not fair well. What on earth possessed her to do such a stupid thing? Normally after the second drink she was tipsy. He had counted at least six double shots of whiskeys this evening! When she pulled over he had stopped, concerned she would be unwell. He hadn't counted on her passing out! Nor throwing up on his new leather shoes!

"Babe? You need to wake up and walk this off!"

It was no use. She was dead to the world.

Stupid, stupid woman! What was he to do now?

He paced up and down the side of the road, before returning to her side. James picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, depositing her on the passenger seat of his car. Heaven knows what may happen if they got pulled over! He went and took the keys out of her ignition and locked the door. It was not something he really wanted to do, leave her car on the side of the road but he had no other choice. He pulled out his phone and asked his butler to catch a cab to him. Henry would be able to drive it to his house.

As he sat in the car beside the sleeping form of Arianrhod, he looked at her and wondered if the need for revenge was still a priority. Sure she blew him off and they had their squabbles but they were so alike it made sense that they should be together.

After an hour, Henry arrived and they set off home.