十七 | 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

「CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: MAKE IT YOURS」

NOW PLAYING:
YOU SAY RUN - YUKI HAYASHI
||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||
01:45 ━━━━⬤─────── 03:48

"While we wait for Tetsutetsu and Kirishima to recover, let's move on to the next match!" 

The giant TV screens changed, showing pictures of Bakugou and Uraraka. The audience cheered as they saw the next pairing, excited for the fight.

"Next might be the most disturbing match-up." Tsuyu croaked. Jiro rubbed her arms, hugging herself. "I almost don't want to watch..."

Y/N sat in her seat, watching as Uraraka and Bakugo stepped out of their tunnels, walking towards the arena.

"The eighth and last match of the first round!"

"He was kind of famous in middle school! This isn't the face of a regular person! From the hero course, it's Bakugou Katsuki!" Y/N observed Bakugou's expression. It was a scowl as always, definitely not the face of a regular person.

"Versus- She's the one I'm rooting for, from the hero course, it's Ochaco Uraraka!"

'This is an interesting matchup. If Ochaco touches Bakugou, even just slightly, she's got an advantage, but he would still be able to move with his explosions, even in zero gravity. It's not looking too good for her, but I think she might be able to pull it off. She's strong, she has the drive in order to beat him.'

A small smile played at Y/N's lips, thinking of the outcomes of the match as she leaned back into her chair, crossing her legs.'She's strong, no doubt about that. I just hope Bakugou sees her as a strong opponent. This match is going to be interesting.'

"Eighth match, start!"

Uraraka rushed towards Bakugou, going towards him. The blonde swung his right arm back, preparing to attack. Instead of punching, he merely swung his arm upwards, letting out an explosion in her direction instead.

Her classmates let out noises of fright, Jiro holding her head as she let out a 'yikes', Midoriya and Iida calling out her name.

"Did he blast her?" Mineta cried. "Even though you're fighting a girl, you have no mercy, do you, Bakugou?" Tsuyu asked, raising a finger to her chin.

"Gender shouldn't matter in any fight. What matters is how you fight. If you underestimate your opponent, they could easily overpower you. It's all about being a quick thinker and adapting to your situation in the fight." Y/N replied, crossing her arms.

"I'll get you. Don't underestimate me!" Bakugou yelled, grabbing what he thought was Uraraka. It ended up being her jacket, and Ochaco sneakily emerged from behind Bakugou, trying to touch him.

"Oh, she made her jacket float and sent it over there?! She did it in an instant, too!"

Y/N watched as Uraraka reached her arm out, going to touch his back. Bakugou suddenly swiped his arm around, jumping back and letting out an explosion at her, blasting Uraraka away.

She grimaced as Uraraka stumbled, rolling around a bit before she got her balance back.

"He moved after he saw her?!"

"With that reaction time, it doesn't matter if there's a smokescreen. With Uraraka not being able to activate her quirk unless she touches him, she's at a disadvantage with Bakugou's reflexes."

Katsuki's hand swiped through the smoke, and Uraraka charged after him. "Too slow!" Bakugou lowered his hand, dragging it through the cement of the arena, explosions coming out of his hand.