八 | 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

「CHAPTER EIGHT: GO BIG OR GO HOME」

NOW PLAYING:
MANEATER - NELLY FURTADO
||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||
02:05 ━━━━⬤─────── 04:18

It was finally time for the UA sports festival.

Y/N was currently sitting in a waiting room with the rest of her class, her phone up to her ear.

"Alright, little sis! We'll be here watching you all the way! Even Megumi is here to watch with us!"

Satoru had called her to remind her that they were watching her, and rooting for her all the way. It was nice to know that they were rooting for her.

Y/N laughed as she heard a slight grumble in the background of the call, knowing that it was Megumi.

"Shut up. Of course, I'd root for her, what do you take me for?"

"Aww so wholesome Megumi, I knew you were the right pick for my sister! Anyways! We're gonna go now, I heard the event's starting soon, so go get ready, k?"

The H/L-haired girl nodded her head, even though they couldn't see, and verbally agreed.

"Yeah. you better watch me, I'm gonna kick ass."

"We know you will sweetie, now go win!"

Beep.

Confused, Y/N brought her phone away from her ear. Then her face morphed into an irked expression.

Her brother had hung up on her. 

"Asshole. I wanted to talk to Gumi." She muttered, putting her phone away into her pocket, securing it.

"I wonder what the first round is going to be?"

"No matter what comes, we have no choice but to deal with it."

"Right."

Suddenly, The door opened. The face of Iida appeared at the door, face confident. "Everyone, are you ready?"

"We will be entering soon!"

Y/N was now standing behind Midoriya, watching as he tried to calm his nerves. She had her phone out again, playing an arcade game on her phone as she tried to beat her high score.

"Midoriya. Y/N."

Y/N turned her attention away from the game, now looking at Todoroki. He was slowly walking towards the group, one hand in his pocket as his hair slightly swayed while he walked.

Izuku turned to look at the dual-haired boy, meekly staring at him.

"Todoroki? What is it?"

The S/C skinned girl looked towards Todoroki, lazily putting her phone away once again.

"Huh?"

The rest of the class looked on at the interaction with curiosity.

Todoroki began to speak, eyes narrowed at Midoriya. "Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you."

Izuku was taken aback, gasping in surprise at his declaration, but agreed with him anyway. "Y-Yeah."

Shouto tilted his head down a bit, eyes still on Midoriya.

"But... All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he? I'm not trying to pry about that."

Izuku gasped in surprise again. 

"But I'm still going to beat you. And I'm going to beat Y/N too,"

"Hmm?" Y/N looked straight at her new best friend, surprised at his words. She narrowed her eyes slightly but quickly relaxed them to their normal state.