Chapter 22

May 26, 2020

I turned on the do not disturb mode on my phone so Mom and Dad's call won't bother me. As long as I message them, they'll know I'm safe. I don't want them to bother no more...

The truth was, I've never been home since I was 18. I don't know how to tell them that I'm completely ruined—the same as my dreams.

Hwang Yeji
to my idiot sister, dum Hojung, this beanie is the best gift ever! ilysm♥️

Hwang Yejito my idiot sister, dum Hojung, this beanie is the best gift ever! ilysm♥️

Sohee and 67 others         31 comments

SOHEE
u look good

Hwang Yeji
why won't u teach me how to put my name in all caps and one name😭

birthday gift pleasee😭😭😭

SOHEE
come to my room

Hwang Yeji
u naughty creature

SOHEE
i love youuu

ur portrait ig?

dress well and knock on the door, tickets are on me paramore's concert

Hwang Yeji
U R NOT KIDDING RYT?????

SOHEE
wait—ofc i am

they're not having concert here dummy

i'll sing for u, come to my room

YUN SOL
sabaok

SOHEE
HAHAHA sabaok

Hwang Yeji
pls introduce me to ur filo moots so i can relate...

SOHEE
mahal kita yeji tinatangina

YUN SOL
it's tinatangi

Hwang Yeji
AHHHHHH!!! ROR ROR!!

———

They're doing so fine...and I bet there's something going on between my sister and Yeji. I wondered how and why...of all people...

"Who's that?"

I shut my eyes and releases a deep breath before putting my phone down, "The neighbor that I talked about. I checked her social media account to know how time flew so fast." I said.

"You look upset because I interrupted you." Lia took my phone from the table and the least that I can do is to bow my head in disappointment, "Next week is the finals. You should be studying, right? I'm done and you said you're gonna study alone, prove me."

"Jisu—can we have a date?" I asked.

Couples date.

At this state—I don't know if I'm really loving her. I don't know...maybe I became a parasitic person in this cruel society.

"When you've already reviewed each lessons, okay?" she gives me a light tap on my shoulder before turning on the lamp on the table. The next thing I knew is she's gonna turn the lights off.

"Can you not put out the light?"

"If you can see everything in your surrounding, you'd be distracted. You're better off alone with your notes." Lia stated.

I closed my eyes with a grip on the pen that I'm holding.

Is this how love supposed to work?

The moment my eyes opened, the light of the lamp welcomed me. And I know...now...everything is dark already.

Yeji-ah...I remembered having a colorful sky eventhough I wasn't talkative. Now, still not talkative, but my sky looks so dark...

—🌷