Chapter 16

October 10, 2016

Lia barged in my room. Her high heels quickly made a sound as she steps inside. I'm staying in our school's dormitory but if I'm already used to this place, I'm planning to ask Dad to get me a condominium.

"Listening to music while studying? Can that help you?" she asked with a sarcastic tone in her voice when she noticed the earphones by my side. I forgot to unplug it from my phone.

Gosh...

"Get up. I told you we're going to date!"

Yeah, date, friends date.

"Can I go out wearing shirt, pyjama, and slipper?" I curiously asked, blinking my eyes twice to catch the magic spell on Lia.

She quickly holds my arms to pull me with her, "People are used to see bitchy and nerd bestfriends anyway." then, Lia chuckles.

"Be careful, you're wearing high heels." I reminded, "Oh wait! My wallet—"

"When I told you I'm rich, I'm not kidding." she said before closing the door of my room. I let out a smile. How clever.

She's wearing striped top and denim mini skirt. I never imagined that you can pair it with such a high heels but Lia made it so-so pretty. She's indeed into fashion. Even if she wears something unusual in my sight, it'd probably suit her still.

But Yeji's look stands out the most in my eyes. The simplicity that I loved. That white long sleeves, denim short, and sneakers. The pyjama she wears everyday in their home and her oversized shirts every winter where she can put all her body, looking like a puffball.

Why can't I scratch her out my head?

"Lia..." I mumbled.

"What's your problem, Ryujin-ah?" she squeezes my hand that she's holding, "What?"

"Why are we holding hands?" I asked, "People might mistook us as something else..." I shyly said.

"People might mistook us of what? Bestfriends? That's fine." she even clung to my arms more.

I leans close to her ear, "Y'know...the rainbow flag..."

Lia laughs, "That's better. You're cute anyways." she says, leaving my ears burning hot.

She's pretty but she don't like arts and music which I loved the most. She's straightforward most of the time that she forgets to be considerate with her words. In this new world—I don't know what to do when I thought I thoroughly knew already. I'm so thankful that I found Lia—or she found me.

"I love this strawberry cake. Chocolate is boring, how can you finish all of that?" Lia disses while looking at one slice of chocolate cake on my plate, "I think chocolate cakes are only yummy on the first bite." she added.

Yeji loves chocolate. I watched her for too long from the monitor. I know that she love chocolate because in every snacks she had, I'd always see a pack of chocolates. Sometimes, her Mom brings chocolates together with her lunch. That means, chocolate is yummy in her every single bite.

"I love chocolate cake and other chocolate flavored foods." I said and smiled.

"You shouldn't eat a lot of chocolates, that's bad for your health."

I nodded.

"Can we go to seaside next time?" I requested.

"A beach? It's a bit far but we can take a cab." Lia answered and smiled.

"Can we take a bus instead? I'd love to—"

"Bus? Have you seen any busses here? Should we ride a school bus and tell the driver to drop us off the beach? This ain't Korea, Ryu." Lia stated, snapping the hell out of me.

When I rode the bus with Yeji...the first time I ever did...I wish...I wish we've done that a lot before we part ways.

The smile on her face when we arrived at the beach. The cute voice she had while pleading me to go with her but my coward ass turned its back and told her my embarrassing secret.

"I'm scared of the ocean because I don't know how to swim."

"Don't you want to watch the horizon with me?"

"Someone is waiting for me so I need to catch up. Have fun with them."

"Sohee told me you're indeed afraid of that beautiful creation but I hope—"

"YEJI-YAH!"

Why did I resist? Is it because I thought we can be on the seaside the second time around...when I'm more ready?

What is she going to say if Sol didn't come to cut her off?

—🌷