Chapter 20

April 17, 2018

Another month of August. August is supposed to be a month of vacation where I'll wake up in my room, open my window, watch the window next door where Yeji's room was...

It's been so long since the last time I've written here in my diary. I'm sorry, Buddy.

I've skipped a whole year of 2017. I wasn't able to have a vacation back to my home that year because I lost my plane ticket. I couldn't get another plane ticket because of a disaster that hit this place last December. Since then, I haven't think of Yeji a lot.

Speaking of Yeji...I hope she's doing fine. I guessed everything. It was a puppy love.

"Arts club? That's for weakling." Lia mumbled.

I had a hard time adjusting here abroad. But then, I met Lia, a fellow Korean that studies here in Boston. She hates arts, not fond of music either, she's a total opposite of me. I never told her I'm into those because she might get upset.

I'm supposed to be independent but when I struggled a lot—I became dependent to her.

"Ryu, let's study together. Up to my place." she said with a smile.

"We'll go there to study, okay?" I gave her a sinister grin which made her laugh.

Lia lightly punches my shoulder, "You silly...let's take it slow, kiddo." she said. I looks at her with my mischievous smile.

I mentioned, I became dependent to her for the past year. The attachment we had for each other is more than what anyone thinks. I can almost say that we're girlfriends but Lia hasn't confirmed it yet.

She comforted me when I was so down. Lia was there and will always be there on my downfalls. I'm so thankful that I found her because if not...I'd probably give up.

"Kiddo, hold my hand..." Lia said as we're about to enter her pad.

I smiled before holding her hand tightly. The door opens when she's done putting on the passcode. The light from the hallway comes in the doorway because of her dark room.

I was surprised when Lia suddenly cups my cheeks. She was about to lean close to me but I tilted my head, her lips ended to my cheek which made me release a heavy breath.

"Babe?"

"I thought we're going to study?" I asked.

The lights suddenly flashes. Lia's surprise came first in my eyes. There's a hanging letters from the ceiling. It's a greeting of happy birthday.

"Have you forgotten about your birthday? Babe, you're now 18." she said with a smile on her face, "You avoided my kiss...you're adult already, Ryujinnie..." Lia stated.

I cups her head and kisses her forehead, "I'll kiss your lips at the right time, okay?" I said before hugging her tight. I haven't check my phone. I didn't know that it's my birthday already.

"I love you so much...thank you for not forgetting about my special day and for preparing these for me..." I said as I walk towards the table where the food she prepared were set. I know that she's the one who prepared all of these since she loves cooking.

"How can I forget about the day that my handsome girlfriend was born?" she said that's why a smile formed on my lips, "You have my phone, right? Can I check it for a moment?" I requested, thinking about my family who's probably greeting me a happy birthday already.

"Ryu?" Lia calls out, "You're with me. Have your phone later, okay?"

Eventhough I badly don't wanna smile, my lips formed its way like it was so used to that gesture. My smile vanished when Lia turned her back to take a seat across mine.

It's fine...

That's what you get when you became dependent to someone who painted your sky differently. Far from the sky you expected to create while taking your own path.

—👄