𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Why aren't I topping Billboard Hot 100 yet?" I questioned in confusion. "This isn't right, my album is peak perfection."

"Calm down Mr. Perfect," Ophelia placed her hand on my shoulder, her touch immediately calming me down from my agitation. "It's barely been a week, let it marinate."

"I don't wanna let it marinate," I giggled lightly. "I wanna see my album at number one. I deserve it..."

"I know you do," she said softly. "I know."

Ever since the night of my album release party, I've felt a shift between me and Ophelia.

And not a pleasant one.

Normally, she would've insulted me for having such a huge ego about my album but she did the exact opposite. She's been emotionally distant; more than usual I should say. Her unprovoked kindness toward me hinted that there was something gravely wrong with her but I haven't been able to find the words to say. I don't want to startle her with confrontation, that would only resort in pure chaos.

Out of no where, she winced in pain and my eyes widened in horror as she did so. Her hands immediately went straight to her temples, her body slowly losing its balance. Thankfully, my swift reflexes allowed for me to catch her as my heart pounded rapidly.

"Lia!" I shouted, fear spreading throughout my body.

"I-I'm fine. Just a headache," she attempted to reassure me.

"C'mon, you can lie down in my bed," I offered but she profusely shook her head.

"I'm okay Jackson," she grumbled.

I looked at the fragile woman in my arms and I took in her appearance carefully. As always, she was wearing a thick sweater that covered her top half completely. I have a hunch that this could be the reason as to why she's feeling under the weather. It's nearly ninety degrees outside and the sweater alone looked to be suffocating her.

"M-Maybe you're hot," I hesitantly stated. "Let me take off your sweat-"

"No, I'm fine!" she snapped, releasing herself from my grasp. I didn't take offense to her yelling because I know she isn't feeling well. I know that something's wrong but she won't let me back in. Those protective barriers she let down for me... she put them right back up, shutting me out indefinitely.