𝘵𝘦𝘯

Listen to 'Wey U (Slowed + Reverb)' by Chanté Moore (Song above )

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Come with me."

I stared blankly at Michael, praying to God that the words he spoke were a mere fallacy. There was nothing I desired more than to evade this conversation, my brain stressfully searching for an excuse to walk away.

However, those compelling doe eyes of his kept my feet firmly planted to the ground. I slowly shook my head, declining him, which made the corner of his mouth tug into a slight smirk.

"I need a photographer for the tour and your pictures they're- they're incredible. I'd be a blockhead not to have you as my documentarian."

"No," I stated firmly. "I already have a job here in case you forgot."

"I haven't forgotten," he softly stated. "But I can pay you triple of what you make. You could have anything you want and then some."

"I don't need your money, Jackson. I have everything I want and need right here in Los Angeles," I declared while walking over to one of my framed photographs.

"C'mon, think about it," he whined while walking up behind me. "You'll be with me the whole time and-"

"What makes you think I wanna be next to you?" I probed. My words must've upset him because the warm presence I once felt behind me, vanished.

I was lying straight through my teeth, my heart cruelly throbbing at the sight of his grief-stricken guise as I turned around. The sad, pitiful truth is that I did indeed want to be next to him. This striking, fierce feeling within my body gravitated me toward him like no other.

"I-I'm sorry," I hesitantly asked for pardon. "I didn't mean that at all, it's just- I can't drop everything and come with you. Imagine how Gus would feel if I just up and left The Empress. Me and him, we have history. On top of that, there's someone here that I just wouldn't imagine leaving behind for that long. They... mean everything to me and-"

"Okay," he mumbled before sighing.

"O-Okay?" I questioned while raising a brow. I expected Michael to continue his persuasion but he gave up which was unlike him. I was used to Michael's persistence and for him to surrender after only one attempt startled me.