Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV -  THE DEAL II

“YOU’RE insane.” nagbuga si Helise ng marahas na buntong hininga. Galit na kinuha ang bag niya atsaka tumayo. Hah! Hindi siya makapaniwala sa sinabi ng binata sa kanya.

Remarriage?!

Marry him?!

What kind of bullsh•t is that?!

Who in the right mind would ask someone who wants a divorce immediately to marry him? What worst was they didn’t even know each other that much! Helise was only here purely for business.

“It was a bad idea talking to you Mr. Salvatore. Sorry, but I’m turning down the offer.” marahas na sabi ni Helise.

“You are getting everything wrong Mrs. Mercado,” he said in a cocky manner. “You’re the one who offered me business, I just offered the collateral.”

This is ridiculous!

“Don’t you get it Mr. Salvatore? I was the one who’s going to initiate the divorce with my husband! Remarrying someone I didn’t personally know is out of my options! Beside kung papayag man ako sa gusto mo, lalabas na ako ang nangaliwa sa aming mag asawa. My reputation is at risk!” hindi na nakatiis si Helise at binulaslas ang mga salitang iyon.

Divorce and now risking her reputation! Urgh! Stress!

“Who would dare tarnish the reputation of a Salvatore?” sagot nito.

Tama ito kung tutuusin, sino ang maglalakas loob kumalaban sa mga Salvatore! They’re top tier in business! Clean records and very much wealthy because they’re the descendants of Spaniard Royalty! Pero wala pa rin ito sa plano ni Helise! How could she get involve with someone she didn’t personally knew! Besides, its remarriage they were talking about!

“You’re divorcing him because of adultery, right?” dugtong nito. “They were see you as a woman with power in business but couldn’t put a leash on her husband. It was going to be all over the news. Him having a mistress eventhough he already had the “perfect wife”, people are still going to criticize you.”

Hah! “And you think marrying you was a good idea?”

“Yes.” anito na parang laro lang ang pinag-uusapan nila. “Who would dare criticize you if you’re already a Salvatore.”

“Hindi kita kilala.” diretsang sagot ni Helise. “You may be my brother’s friend, but I don’t know you!”

“Why do we need to get to know each other if this is purely business?”

Tumaas ang kilay ni Helise. “What do you mean? How is marrying me benificial to you?”

“Very benificial in fact.” sagot nito at biglang tinitigan si Helise, ang mga titig na iyon ang nagpatayo bigla sa balahibo sa katawan ni Helise.

That gaze feels like he wanted to swallow her breath and make it his!

“You see, my great grandfather left me a very important land but I couldn’t get it until I am married. That piece of land is what I needed now.” paliwanag nito. “And since you offered a very interesting plan, I think this is perfect. It’s a win-win situation isn’t? You can sell and then buy your shares again, I will make sure that people will not talk about you remarrying right after divorce and the most exciting part is, I will let you use me whenever you want to get revenge with your soon to be ex-husband. Isn’t that what you really want? Revenge?”

“Tristan might file an appeal kapag nalaman niyang sa'yo ko binenta ang shares ko tapos pakakasalan kita?”

“I told you, your reputation is the top priority. I have a long list of people to buy your shares and sell it back to you once your divorce is done.”