Chapter I

Chapter 1 - Helise Insicurities

“HAAAH.... Ahhh...”

It was intense and intimate night for Helise and her husband. As they both reached their climax and cover their naked body with sheets. They’re both running out of breath from the pleasure they experience. Nang makahuma ay umalis si Helise sa kama para mag-shower. It is her habit whenever they’re doing it, she couldn’t stand the after feeling sex without showering after doing it. Hindi naman na siya sinundan ng asawang si Tristan because the last time he did it, she got angry. Good thing that her husband understands her limit.

Ilang minuto pa ay lumabas na si Helise ng banyo habang marahang kinukuskos ang dulo ng buhok para patuyuin ito. Naabutan niya ang asawa na abala sa cellphone nito.

“Tonight is your best day for consumation, I guess we’re finally having a good news after a month.”

Kumunot ang noo ni Helise, how did he know that she is fertile tonight? Liningon niya ang asawa at nakangiti ito habang winawagayway ang cellphone, nahagip ni Helise ang tracker app doon, tracker ng menstruation niya! Napailang na lang si Helise.

In their three years of marriage, Tristan kept talking about having children, wala namang problema doon si Helise. They’re doing unprotected sex kaya ang buong akala ni Helise ay mabubuntis kaagad siya but its been awhile since they started the conceiving but until now, no child yet.

Sometimes Helise thinks that there might be a problem with her health since her husband seems to be very healthy.

“Do you really want a child?” she began asking him.

“Of course! I’ve been vocal about that hon, since day one. Why? Nagbago na ba ang isip mo?” tanong nito.

Naupo si Helise sa tapat ng vanity mirror, kinuha ang hair dryer sa drawer. Sinimulan niyang patuyuin ang buhok niya gamit iyon.

“Honey, I know you are pressured but please understand that we need a heir. I’m an only child, you know that.”

Dinig iyon ni Helise kahit na maingay ang hair dryer niya. Pinatigil niya iyon bago humarap uli sa asawa.

“Why don’t we have an appointment with Jelly?” tukoy niya sa kaibigan na OB-Gyne.

Umayos ng upo ang asawa sa kama, he still naked but his lower body was covered with sheets.

“What do you mean hon? We’re both healthy! Are you implying that there’s something wrong with me?!” medyo nag iba ang tono ng pananalita nito. “Its a long overdue, we should’ve had a child the moment we got married.”

“And your point is?” medyo nag-iba na rin ang timpla ng mood ni Helise. “Hindi lang pagiging ina ang silbi naming mga babae. You know how busy I am in managing the hotel! What if one of us is incapable of having children? That is the sole reason why we’re finding hard to conceive?!”

“Don’t talk nonesense!” tumayo na ito paalis ng kama. Kinuha nito ang night robe at sinuot iyon. “Sa office na muna ako matutulog.” malamig na sabi nito kay Helise bago naglakad palabas ng kwarto nila.

Napabuntong hininga na lamang si Helise. This isn’t the first time they fought about this matter. Helise is very sensitive whenever that topic is having children because she thinks that she’s incapable of getting pregnat. That there is something wrong with her, she wanted her husband’s support and come with her to get checked at the clinic but he always refused to do so.

Men and their pride!

Napagpasyahan ni Helise na matulog na dahil maaga pa siya para puntahan ang main branch ng Mercado Hotel sa Makati bukas.