It distracted him enough that he stopped feeling his stomach lurch, focusing on the softness of her glossy lips. The sound of Minho's voice in their ear had them recoiling from each other. He confirmed his successful entrance.

"That's my cue." Lex smiled, swiping the lipgloss off his lips with her thumb.

"Good luck..."

Following Minho's path, she entered through the exit door. Lex gripped the ruffles of her dress as she trekked up the flights of stairs, the clicking heels of her flats echoing in the stairwell. She wasn't nervous, but the possibility of being caught was weighing on her mind. She reached the door at the top, taking in a deep breath. She shouldn't worry, she knew how to talk her way out. With her ear pressed against the door, she waited until there was minimal noise for longer than half a minute. Then she pulled it open and walked in confidently.

The hallway was empty, but the sound of faint music came from her left. She followed the sound, running her hand along the wall as she did. There were frames of artwork and plaques hung up, which topped off the prestige. The hallway itself was impressive. Most of the missions she went on were in the slums or suburban houses. When she reached the room where the music vibrated the floor underneath her, a few people were chatting to what seemed like the bouncer.

If Minho successfully entered, then she could too. They had skipped over confirming themselves to the bouncer at the entrance of the building. All she had to do was act like she knew where she was going. She let go of her dress and straightened her head, keeping her head held high. With a wide grin, she waved to the bouncer as she walked by. The bouncer nodded his head and smiled back.

Then she was engulfed in the orchestral music that she had followed. The band played on an elevated platform. That was peak pretentious. Even she knew it was an old timely thing, but maybe it was a way to flex their wealth. It was fascinating. There was a dining table stretched in the middle of the room with a banquet of food. This heist could only work as they served their own food. If there were designated tabled, they would need an invitation. This way, they could just merge into the crowd and act casual.

Lex spotted Minho strolling around the dance floor. He nodded at her when they met eyes. She brushed over her earpiece, disguising it as scratching her head. Through a yawn, she sent her confirmation to Chan. The party was starting.

~

On the building across, they set up a sight to monitor them through scopes. The building wasn't under security so their journey upwards was simply a metal winding staircase. One last minute change was Jisung and Seungmin's position being swapped as they forgot Jisung's about fear of heights. They did a rundown of their newly assigned role but quickly became accustomed as they had studied the whole plan.

The wind whipped at their faces at random moments before dying down to nothing but a gentle warm breeze. Hyunjin clicked the scope onto his sniper and lugged it over his shoulder until he could balance the stand properly. Jeongin and Seungmin worked together on making sure their microphones were functioning.

They had a clear view into the building, the large windows made a bright beacon to the outside. Seungmin adjusted the mic for Hyunjin while Jeongin set up the other scopes.

"Are you mad you had to swap last minute?"

"Nah, I wouldn't put Han through that. I feel a little guilty we didn't remember sooner," Seungmin admitted with a sigh.

Hyunjin nodded. "Me too."

"They're all on-site now," Jeongin announced as he watched Chan enter the ballroom.

There was a surprising amount of people attending. And the orchestra band? Extra. The turnout would make it easier to blend in. Though now it was harder to sift through who was relevant and knew the information they needed. All they knew was the host, but they didn't dare approach them in case they found out they weren't invited.