Next day

The sun has risen in the sky, the other side of the bed was empty. That's it, I was alone now. He has left. I got up and put my robe on. I made a tour of the house but no, there was nobody, maybe Clariss in her bedroom. Liu was gone. I went back to my bedroom, I noticed something on the nightstand. It was a little bag where I found a gift, a letter and the pencil. I could recognize his pencil. Then I opened the letter, the first thing that I noted was at the bottom a tear must have fallen on it, I could distinguish a dry trace. He cried...

"Dewei,

I have to go now, I am sorry. You awakened me, I will never thank you enough for that. The policemen gave me my pencil back knowing it was mine. I don't need it anymore, you should have it. You can use it to draw another masterpiece. I confess I watched your drawings again for a while before writing you this letter. I would have never imagined falling in love, certainly not when I gave you that pencil. Don't cry for too long if you do. Find someone who will stay by your side. But please, my love, forgive me one day. I hate myself for leaving you, but, if I stay I would put you in danger. I lied yesterday, those three men I know them, they are in this hospital because of me. I am sorry. For telling the truth, I don't know who but someone is actually chasing me, maybe the karma gets back at me for my actions. I chased my past all my life but now the only thing I want would be you.

Thanks for all those sweet moments, thanks for letting me know happiness. I sincerely, deeply love you.

Your Liu."

I sobbed while opening the gift to see a bracelet. Under it, I discovered a drawing with the note "My hidden talent". He has his own style of drawing as for his tattoos. I put the bracelet on and cried all my tears curled up in need bed.

Finally the afternoon, I was tired as ever. This case isn't going anywhere. I wish Nana is home. I opened the door of my house then I went to my kitchen where I found Nana sleeping on the table. What is that on the table? Nana finally head up to me. She called to me. She was sad? I went to hug her asking what was going on but she ordered me to sit before. I agreed and questioned what was the thing recovered on the table. But she told me "later" so I sat to relax her, she seemed tense then I asked if she had a problem she denied it before stating she was sad for me. She handed me an envelope. I asked what it was but she told me to open it and let me read it. What is all that about? Why did she go away? I opened the envelope to discover a fancy postcard. I have seen this drawing before... It was a crescent moon made of cogs, plants and flowers it looked half like metal half like wood. A shaft or maybe a stem was passing through the big part of the crescent. I turned it around to read it. I could easily hear the first word, no doubt who has written this card.

"Hyung!

I left. Shorter the better? I don't know, but I like being under your caring. Don't look for me, I don't have anything you could use for tracking me. My phone is in my apartment, I erased my call log this time. It's a brand new phone now, but let it here! You did your best to make me open up. I can not tell you everything. I let my fishes in your care, I can not bring them with me. Don't let kids play with them! They are only to look at, don't let anyone play with them. Their names are Black Mamba and Destroying Angels, and as you could have guessed those fishes are poisonous. Don't eat them even if they die!

I wish someday when we will both turn old, we could take a drink and discuss my life. Take care of Nana! Be more present. Criminals will always be there, your daughter will grow and leave you. You'll have all the time in the world then. I let you one of my house keys. don't let Dewei go near it! Never! Oh for Nana's studies, you don't have to worry, I'll pay for it! I have to give back what you gave me. Don't worry about money, I have enough to live three times! I let you some money in your office. I have to ask you a favour. Can you take care of Dewei for me? His family isn't here for him, be here for him. I noticed he was envious of your family life, I am sure you noticed it too! Be happy.

Your eternal case, Kang Liu.

PS: Don't worry about me! I'll be fine!"

Is it a bad joke? I took the keys that were joined. I went into my car, I saw Nana enter the car. She told me he has left. "No way" I refuted. I drove to his building, I climbed the stairs quicker than I have ever had. I unlocked the door, there were blankets on the furniture. Only his desk was not covered up where he has left his phone on the empty desk. "Let it here," he wrote... I should have eaten dinner with him. "I should have protected him, I didn't see it..." I thought out loud. Nana told me it was okay, I wasn't a superhero but a policeman before requested to go home.

That's how I disappear from the world.