The clue: Determination

Sometimes life can play tricks on you. That's what I thought when I was in front of Officer Eun. His khaki jacket was still wet from the heavy rain. He was impatient. It's been hours now that he interrogates me. But I had nothing to answer. Our relationship? It was non-existent. So how exactly did I end here? 

Eun spoke again: "You only kept silent but you know it won't help you. Your name is in his calls register. So now, answer my question! Why were you two in contact?!" It has been 14 hours now? It still has 34 to go.

The officer came back into the room. 20 hours I have been stuck on that chair. He was mad and worried at the same time. His tired face was finally coming from his work.

"Do you want to eat something?"

"No thanks", I tactfully declined.

"You are so polite..."

"Please, can I have a glass of hot water?" I finally requested.

"Do you mean warm?"

"No hot, like when you are about to make tea. I drink hot water only."

"I will bring you that. But you should eat a bit."

"I have a specific diet."

"I remember in your kitchen, I didn't find food."

"Of course, you find food in my kitchen! But it's.... it doesn't matter." I finally abandoned to explain.

"Your fridge is empty."

"Hum. My food is in cupboards."

"There are portions like in the military."

"I also have proteins and dehydrated food." I declared.

He didn't answer but sighed. He got up from his chair and left the room. He came back with a glass, he put it in front of me. "I warmed it", he said. I thanked him. I drink it. It feels good to drink. He was watching me.

"Are you a vampire or something like that?" he asked way more seriously than he should.

"Uh... Officer, it doesn't exist, you know that?", I asked unsure of the answer. "I am a human as well as you are." I chuckled. What in the world was he thinking?

"You laughed?!" the officer asked shocked.

"You are fun, officer Eun," I confessed.

"Hyun-Shik, my name is Eun Hyunshik."

"You still should sleep", I advised him.

"I am okay. The force of habits", he informed me.

"As you wish."

"I noticed earlier you have tattoos," he mentioned.

"Yes, and?" I tried to understand.

"I am just conversing with you right now. Aren't you a bit young to have three tattoos?" he sincerely inquired.

"I don't fit in the standards", I simply said.

"Who should I call for telling them you are here?" questioned officer Eun. No one...

"I can't think of someone, but you should prevent my school. I don't want to get penalties for missing my class again tomorrow" I confessed.

"That's all that matters to you?" worried the inspector.

"Look, I live my life that's as simple as that. Nobody cares for me and I don't have to worry either" I admitted. He bit his bottom lip. He was thinking something but didn't want to tell me. "What?".

"Nothing," he said. Liar...

 Another policeman knocked and opened the door. He had a file in his hand. Eun Hyunshik got up and the other whispered to him. He even hides what he was saying with the file. So I looked at this file. What? It was written: "Jun Dewei, no category,  case number MA210303-01". Why was his case without a category? 

When they were about to finish their conversation, I turned around to face the empty chair in front of me. The detective came back once again to his seat. He simply stated: "It's not good Liu". But I wasn't paying attention. I was reflecting on the Jun Dewei case file. My eyes were travelling on the surface of the table while I was pondering. MA? Not AM... "Liu", the officer interrupted me.

"Hum? ... Yes?" I responded. I looked at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"I was telling you it's not good" he stated letting me puzzled. What is he talking about? "My colleagues interrogated your other classmates". I raised one of my eyebrows. And?

"Okay?" I didn't see where he wanted to lead me.

"They discovered, that, lately, you were speaking with Dewei" he informed me. Not really, though...

"That's erroneous."

"Why? They all agreed on that."

"It's him who came to speak to me" I corrected him.

"We also received your school's files", he stated, "I leave it here for you to read it".

I didn't say anything, not knowing what to reply to that. He left the room after. I took my school's file, not sure if I should read those or not.