Un-Usual school day

At school, I directly led us to the administration where I greeted the lady administrator. "Hello young boy" that's how she replied to greet me before asking me what she could do for me. I had to tell her I missed the last day of school and Hyunshik add the current day. After getting my name she observed I had a penalty for that because I didn't justify it. I was here for that... But she told me it was too late. How to put it for her? "I couldn't before." As I saw it didn't convince her I add: "I was in custody! He interrogated me for the whole 35 hours!" pointing at Hyunshik who testify in my favour even showing his plaque. But it didn't succeed to make her change her mind. She told me " your family should have told us". That made my blood boiled but I didn't show it and I responded nicely: "If you take a closer look at my paper you would see I am alone, I am my own legal tutor". She understood her mistake and apologized and made both of us sign a document. Curiosity got the best of her and she finally asked why I was in custody for 35 hours. I simply repeated I was being interrogated, Hyunshik seem to believe it was important to specify as a witness so I myself specified he was the only one to see me as a witness and not the culprit at that time. The game ended when he noted I was cleared of all the charges and innocent. The administrator finally apologised for asking. We have finished completing and signing the document so when left the room.

While leaving the school, Hyunshik stopped me after turning around. He asked me if I was seeing a girl around my age on the other side. I retorqued if not I would be blind only for him to tell me it was his daughter. I hummed before asking to go. "What a reaction," he said. But I said before I don't want to socialise. So he agreed to go, plus she knew how to go back home alone. He put his arm around my neck. "Is it obliged," I asked him only to see his excitement before he said yes.

Monday, a bit more than one week later, Dewei was now authorized to leave the hospital. He was moving in a wheelchair. I remember his excitement when he greeted me: "Hi Liu!". When I simply replied "hi", he jaded declared:

"You became your old self again."

"Obviously not."

It doesn't seem to understand before asking why. So I answered: "If not, I wouldn't be pushing your wheelchair", not expecting his reply:

"True! I am glad to have that wheelchair!"

"How can someone be so happy about being in a wheelchair?"

"You can't leave me like that."

"What?"

"You have to stick with me."

Why was he irradiating confidence suddenly? Don't tell me... "Why did you stop?" those words brought me back to earth, "n-nothing". I can not let that happen. He said I was cute causing me to call his name. He understood he must stop: "okay, I stop". That's not what I wanted. Once arrived at class I asked him where he wanted to sit. Then all our classmates shouted his name after finally noticing him. They all came to see him... I would like to be transparent right now. Dewei had to answer a lot of questions, a lot were similar, he couldn't stop repeating he was fine and thanked them for asking before finally confessing I had already helped him. That made all my classmates shout my full name "Kang Liu" in surprise. Is it so strange? But if they could forget me... So I asked Dewei where he was sitting again to be replied to by a joke: "Technically, presently, I am always seated!". I didn't enter his joke and told him he got the point. He didn't lose his enthusiasm and answered next to me. I rolled my eyes. For sure, now, I won't be transparent for a while... But I said, "let's go".

He smiled again. I noticed his bruised have decreased during the week. He could now open his two eyes, even though one has purple all around it. Finally, the class started so the students went back to their seats. Dewei apologized for preventing me from reading causing me to tell him it was okay. That was the moment our teacher choose to welcome Dewei back in class. Dewei thanked him vigorously and told him he was happy to be here. How much I know he could be happy, he survived a near-death experience.

The day has passed so I offered to Dewei to accompany him to his house. He pointed out that his house was far from mine. He would know... But I answered by saying I liked sports. He outbid by saying the road was quite long. I disagree saying it was because he avoided the little street and asked him to let me drive him. I took his silence for an agreement. Not nice, I choose to pass by the street where his worst nightmare happened causing him to confess to me he was afraid. I invited him to trust me, I knew this road by heart. Nobody will harm him, I could guarantee him that! He took a deep breath before saying he trusted me. He trust me? We entered the alley. Suddenly, I heard the noise of shoes tapping on the floor. I saw Dewei crunching his fist on the wheelchair.

He knew.

"Dewei," I said calmly.

"Yes?"

"I will let you here a few minutes" I informed him.

"Don't!" he said urgently trying to reach my arms.

"It's okay. Trust me again. I am coming back. Don't leave without me." I tried to reassure him.

"Liu..."

His voice was shaking. I pressed his shoulder before taking a few steps backwards. I turned around to see some NinjA's. I looked at them, annoyed.

"Is it the three of you?"

"What us?" one of the members asked.

"Who put him in this wheelchair?" I clarified.

"Maybe?" was their answer. I clenched my fist. "I am wearing my school uniform right now so let's meet again here later tonight, would you?" is what I replied. They questioned what time giving me a nickname at the same time "kiddo". It didn't please me honestly... But I thought about how much time I needed to take Dewei home and come back after I had changed my clothes at home. Then I suggested 10 PM to what they agreed saying I could count on them. Suddenly Dewei screamed. I looked back, he was only panicking. I am glad nobody was touching him again. I told them I had to go. I ran to Dewei and squatted in front of him. "Hey, what happened?" I asked him sweetly. He replied telling me he was terrified and begged to leave this place. He was begging me... We left and I accompanied him to his home. He thanked me saying it was his home. What a huge home! I must have thought out loud because I heard him adding "but empty" after. Not sure of what it means I asked "what".

"I live alone with the family maid. She is my only true friend. My parents are never home, even on Christmas they can not always make it." he explained.

"At least they make it on some of them..."

"Sorry I forgot" he apologised.

"That's nothing!" I urgently said.

It was not my goal. I smiled at him. He pulled my arm, taken by surprise, I almost fall on him in his wheelchair. I grabbed the armrests of his wheelchair to maintain myself up. I was right in front of him. I was about to stand up again while saying to him not to do that, for him to not hurt himself when he put his hand on my cheek. Cutting my sentence with asking me to wait and to stay like that for a bit. I started to reply but I noticed the red of his cheeks. I smiled nicely at him to relieve him. Since when do I do that? What am I doing?

I took the opportunity to watch his face. His eyes were glowing, his cheeks were redder than usual, his lips were... No! Not his lips! I also noticed a bruise between the bottom of his eye and the middle of his cheek. I put my hand on his cheek, I rubbed it delicately. I confessed: "I am so sorry to not have answered this call...". He repeated again that I couldn't have done anything before catching the space between our faces. He then put his lips on mine. I closed my eyes. Wait, no! Open those eyes, Liu! I opened them and pushed him a bit too harsh as I took a step back. I saw him grimaced because of the pain. I began to apologize when he cut me "I love you Liu.". Wait. The situation is out of my control now. My heart beats faster? I sat on the sidewalk. I started to reply:

"Listen, Dewei..."

"I don't want to hear the following part!"

"I..."

"I can't run away because I am in this wheelchair! But please, leave," he said.

"Dewei..." I started seeing him I don't feel like arguing, "I am leaving then. See you tomorrow."

He went inside without telling me goodbye. It hurts.