As careful and gentle as I could, I took here from Mio's arms. I sat on the chair next to her bed and smiled at the little thing. Right then and there... I have never felt so happy in my life. How does something so small, so innocent.. give me this much joy?

"What should we name them?" I heard her ask. I didn't look up at Mio since this little girl in my arms held my gaze... I'm captivated.

"Mama said you have a list"

"I do... Ryu and... Yumi are the on the top of the list"

"I love it.. little Yumi.." I said as I stare at her, who seems to know what I'm saying.

"I... I hope you don't mind, I made the other room their nursery.. sort of"

"About that... I haven't been.. really supportive about this whole thing. I'm really sorry... I should've been there or at least I should've supported you at some level.. but all I did was be a jerk. I acted like I didn't care or I was being forced... but I wasn't. I was just... scared" I started, "I know... I was selfish, you were probably feeling worst than that. I just wasn't sure whether I'll be a good father to them or not then we aren't even married yet... and I don't know.. I panicked, I guess"

I looked at her and she wasn't even listening... she was preoccupied with little Ryu. Am I forgiven? Probably not, but I don't want to disturb this peace. Mio and I then swapped the twins, I noticed how little Ryu is a little heavier than his sister. He was staring at me, grumpily... yeah, even for a baby he's very expressive already.

Her aunt was the first one we contacted after she had more rest. She was basically screaming on the phone after seeing the twins. Mama was very doting to them, I could tell that she'll spoil them so much.

How do I tell this to the team? Uh to everyone? Maybe I should just keep this a secret for now.

After a week of staying in the hospital, Mio and the twins are finally home. I didn't tell her yet, but I did some work on the other room when I wasn't in the hospital. I removed the bed and got more furniture for the room, moved the cribs to a more reasonable position/place. I got a lot of decorations as well to make it look and feel like a nursery. It's the least I could do after what she's been through these past few months. She almost cried when she saw the room and thanked me. I know she'll add more things to it when she can.

For the next few days, Mio relaxed as much as she can while mama and I took turns with the twins. Although, she insisted that she's fine and would spend her time in the nursery watching over them.

"I haven't told Yuji... He'll kill me" she told me as she was changing Yumi's diaper.

"I think he's back, you want to invite him over for dinner?" I asked throwing the dirty diaper away then checking on the napping little Ryu.

"Sure, let's surprise him" she grinned. I can already tell she's planning something.

Mama went home that weekend once we got a routine going, but she did say she will be visiting at least twice a month. That same weekend was when we invited Yuji for dinner. I cooked everything for dinner, not wanting her to tire herself out.

"He knows we're engaged, but I haven't told him anything after that... so, how do you think he'll take it?" she asked after putting the twins down for a nap.

"Shocked, might faint in disbelief"

"Maybe, he should be here soon. I'll get ready" she said, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the kitchen.

Nishida arrived just as I finished cooking. He brought some drinks and snacks. He was a little too happy to be here, I guess it's because he's close with her.