~Eleven~ More Questions

Plenty twinkling stars are scattered across the navyblue sky. The moon has swirls of colours that appear to be fading away. Though the night sky is wondrously lit, there is something dim about it, for I feel an unhappiness I can't place.

I'm being held in the arms of someone. My view of the wondrous night is swaying in hasty motions, as though the person carrying me is trying to move fast but not run. I can see the bottom of their neat bearded chin and the tip of their nose along side the sky.

When I can only see the sky through gaps as we are soon surrounded by trees, the man slows to walking. He looks down at me, his eyes filled with warmth that reminds me of my adoptive father's gaze. He gives a pitiful smile that doesn't reach his eyes, before looking ahead again.

The forest gets denser as we travel deeper into it, and he finally comes to a stop in a little glade within the trees.

"Balfrig," he whispers into the dark depths of the woods. "Are you there? Balfrig!"

All is quiet, and the man lets a heavy sigh as he looks around frantically. Before long though, someone appears in front of him.

"Calm down Kylston, I'm here. I always keep out of sight of course," the new stranger's voice is both warm and misty.

"I can't be calm, Balfrig. Not after what just happened," Kylston, the man still carrying me, says with distress. "Let's just hope whoever's behind this doesn't know about Magnisia's crystal."

"And that's why the best decision is to keep her away from here for now," Balfrig pauses, and from the corner of my half-closed eyes, I see his brown-clothed, slender figure reach its hand out. "Shall I?"

Kylston nods. Then, with reluctance and care, he gently places me in Balfrig's arms. Why do I feel so small?

Balfrig holds me to his left and waves his right hand, which then lets out sparkles, over me. "So she blends in," he says.

"She'll be safe there, right?" Kylston asks.

"I can assure you the couple I've chosen will treat her like their own. And, with the concealing spell, no one will say her different. She'll be back when she's needed."

Backdropped by the navyblue sky, I can only see Balfrig's lengthy salt-and-pepper beard flowing out of the darkness of his cloak's hood. Though now, Kylston's face also comes into view. His eyes a golden yellow.

"Till we meet again then." Kylston's lips curve up, causing crows-feet to appear at the sides of his eyes.

Then it all fades into nothingness.

~~~

It would be time for today's training session soon. I wait sitting on the soft grass at the edge of the pond, mulling over the dream I had while I was unconscious yesterday.

It all felt so...real. Was it real? Could it really be the moment I was sent to the Human Realm? Or am I reading too much into a simple dream? But it couldn't be just a dream, it feels more like a memory... Balfrig must be the fairie that placed the power-concealing spell on me and transported me to my adoptive parents, and Kylston... Could he perhaps be my father?

I sigh, staring at my reflection in the water. It ripples as the soft winds carrying sweet flowery fragrances sweep its surface. It's surreal to think I've been living under a guise of being human for my whole life up until yesterday. And at present, I see a somewhat different face than I'm wont to. Every inch of my brown skin now shimmers like that of every other Moondrop, my eyes aren't their regular dark brown anymore. They appear to have little flecks that change colour depending on how they catch the light.