~Eight~ Unbelievable Truths and Fluttery Feelings

Xanthous and King Therwin insist I follow them. And with no idea of where they're taking me, I let them lead me away from the tour. This has to be where they realise I've been mistakenly invited. I'd be totally useless in a mission as serious as this, or in anything in general honestly.

We weave through the brightly lit passageways of the castle. Going further into it, then down a flight of dimly lit stone stairs after which we reach a thick, lone door.

Could this be the door to the dungeons? This is a castle, and we are beneath it now, so I wouldn't put it past them. I only hope I'm not getting arrested, 'cause they've made it very clear Oglins are unwelcome, no-good creatures.

Xanthous steps forward, and just like I'd seen him make a sword from light before, a key appears when the light in his palm fades. He unlocks the door and swings it open.

We walk into a large rectangular room. Two of the stone walls are lined with work tables, littered with what looks to be welding tools and chemistry equipment. At the middle of the wall which has the tables with welding tools before it, there is a small furnace. And the wall opposite us only has a plain, wooden chest placed in front of it.

I conclude this to be where the royal apothecaries work. And knowing I won't be locked away, I give a small sigh of relief.

When we are well in the middle of the room, King Therwin and Xanthous turn around to face me. And under the weight of both their gazes, I look away abruptly. But I sense how inferior of an action that is. So, as quickly, I look up to keep eye contact with the two.

King Therwin suddenly breaks into a smile. "You wonder why we brought you down here, don't you Blessing?"

I first think to reply with 'obviously', but something about the King's aura attracts respect. Thence, unlike I did to his son last night when he'd basically demanded it, I swallow my backtalk and respectfully say, "Yes."

"Well, Blessing, let's begin with this," he starts cautiously. "Do you perhaps know what you are?"

My eyebrows furrow. "What do you mean what I am?"

"I mean, do you realise what type of being you are among the humans, fairies, elves and moondrops?"

I'm completely surprised by his question, but I answer nonetheless. "What-I'm a human. And I thought that was already known."

"Yes. We know you come from the Human Realm. But it now appears you are no more human than we are," the King says calmly, though he stares at me in unconcealed astonishment.

"Is this supposed to be a joke? 'Cause let me tell you, it's a bad one and it makes no sense," I fold my arms.

"It's not a joke. But, you're right. It doesn't make sense even to us," Xanthous pitches in.

"Indeed," King Therwin strokes his beard, "I was most certainly surprised when Xanthous told me he'd seen a moondrop crystal in you."

"There is no crystal in me!" I retort rather sharply, getting irritated with where they're taking this conversation. "If there was a crystal in me, I'm sure a doctor would have noticed it during a check up. How can you even see a crystal in someone anyway?"

"My powers are advanced as well," answers Xanthous. "It allows me to see what's beyond anything, though in reflections of light. All moondrops have a crystal in them, and I saw one in you."

"You say you meet doctors. Often fall ill over there, I assume?" King Therwin questions.

"No. I've only seen a few, and it's only because my parents were worried. I haven't even caught a simple cold before."