~Five~ Prince Xanthous

He turns ever so slowly to me, as if not ready to face whoever called his name. And as he finally faces me, I meet beautiful obsidian orbs with gold flecks. Eyes that remind me of the night sky above us. How can one be this handsome?

Life no balance, I swear.

He stands up, making me tilt my head upwards as I realise I've been staring at him stupidly in the silence. I gaze at his right cheek, his symbol is of a four point star.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Xanthous asks with authority and command enlace in his tone.

I'm blank for a second, wondering what a prince would be doing out alone. And also surprised the royals haven't gotten the news of my arrival.

"I'm Blessing and I'm just here to chill near the river. Something you should try," I say the second sentence a little less loudly.

"I heard that. And that's not what I mean. I mean what mission are you sent to carry out in our realm? You're obviously not a Moondrop."

"Um, no kidding shimmer. There is no mission. I just found myself here, and the only thing I'm aiming at is un-finding myself here."

"Did you just call me shimmer?"

"Really? You overlooked the parts I said I don't want to be here, I'm not on a mission, and even the bad English, just because I called you Shimmer?" He gazes at me, blinking as if not getting my point. I sigh, "Yes Xanthous, I called you shimmer, so what?"

"That is disrespectful. You can not call the Prince plainly by his first name."

"But you're not my prince. I'm not from here remember."

"You may not be, but you have to adapt to how things are done while you're here."

I fold my arms and look at him, really look at him, as I tilt my head slightly. He looked stressed and tired, with heavy-looking under eyes and creases on his forehead that reveal he'd been frowning. I'd guess he was thinking too much about something. "What's wrong?" I ask.

He furrows his thick eyebrows. "What?"

I sigh. "Did I stutter? I said what's wrong? I mean it's obvious a prince wouldn't be out here alone unless he sneaked out or whatever. And you used a lot of force on those light balls you were throwing, which appeared to be backed up by emotions - not the happy kind of course. So, what's wrong?"

His face softens up a little bit, but I can tell his guard is still up. "How can you tell that?"

"Well, back on earth, I sneaked out a lot more than you'd think, I probably started that from the age of eight I think. And it was never because I was happy," I give him a pointed look, "but always because I was either angry or sad."

Why am I telling him all of this? I'm not quite sure. I've never told anyone about how I cope with my emotions before. But this is the first time I feel someone relates, someone who wouldn't tell me I'm overreacting or that I'm too emotional. For some reason I'm already feeling a bit comfortable around him. Like I can be my overly insecure self.

"Eight years old?" He smiles. He actually smiles!

I feel goosebumps prickle over my skin. I could only believe it's because the weather is somewhat cold now.

"If you don't mind me asking, what would make you start sneaking away from home at such a young age?"

Will he really not say I'm overreacting?

I hesitate, looking away before answering. "It's because I . . . Most of the time, I feel like I'm a burden to my parents. Like they expect so much from me and I don't think I can meet those expectations. I don't feel I'm worth their care, you know? . . . I know it sounds stupid."

"It doesn't. I understand what you mean, maybe even how you feel. Most times the belief people - who care about you and whom you care about - have in you is set so high, you feel more suffocated than encouraged."

I slowly look up at him again. "Right." I grin, "Is that the reason you came out here? 'Cause you said it as if the same thing's eating at you. Plus, you look a little stressed."

He goes quiet for a few seconds. Then, sitting on the sand again, he pats the area at his side for me to sit.

"Light." He starts after I'm settled. "It's considered the most pure, hence the most powerful element of the Moondrops. And I, having practically trained and developed my powers my whole life for this, am the most prepared Moondrop." He pauses, breathing out heavily. "And now the whole realms safety basically lies on my shoulders. I have to be a good leader and future king, and be at the forefront of protecting the realm with my father."

He chortles, but it doesn't sound quite cheerful.

He shifts his gaze from the river to me. "So, if feeling like you'll fail your responsibilities and let the people you care about down is what you feel too, then yes. I guess it's the same thing eating at me." He chuckles again. This time with more mirth, and I can't help but feel lighter as I laugh with him.

Movement coming from the bushes near Akriath's hut, halts our little bonding session. The silence of the night made the sound audible enough.

I quickly turn to look behind me, before facing Xanthous again. His eyes narrowed in focus, as he tries to get a better look from this distance.

"You heard that too right?" I ask, hoping I'm not just hallucinating whenever I'm within the circumferences of those bushes.

"Yes." He answers simply, eyes still on the bushes as he gets up and starts inching towards the moving shrubs.

I get up as well and follow.

"Stay close behind me." He soon states. "That might not be an animal. Although I hope I'm wrong."

He then raises his right arm slightly, the light that comes out of his hand reshapes itself. A silver sword is seen when the light fades.

In all honesty, his vigilance and the fact he's now armed, makes me a little frightened for what could be in those bushes.

"Uh, w-what else could it be?" I swallow, internally praying I don't die in another realm.

"An Oglin."

"What?" I question with furrowed eyebrows. My brain scrambling to understand.

"An Oglin is a mischievous, dwarf-like creature usually sent by the Unknown Evil to cause troubles in our land. They can be quite vicious at times, so I'll take it from here." He motions for me to wait as he takes the little steps left to reach the shrubs.

In the meantime I frantically look around for anything I could use to back him up, and spot a thick, sharp stick.

That should do. I think, shifting my gaze back to Xanthous.

As he stretches a had toward the bushes, fingers grazing the leafs lightly, we are both startled backwards - me more than him - when a short, green and rough-skinned creature jumps out. It wore ragged clothing, has horns and entirely white eyes.

Xanthous reflexively tries to strike the Oglin with his sword, lunging at it so quickly, I thought he'd get it. But the Oglin dogged his blade last minute, skipping out of the way swiftly. Then it immediately turns its ghostly eyes my way after steadying itself, causing a cold, fearful shiver to run through my body. Its expression changes to something I don't quite get before it starts to sprint towards me.

I'm stunned for a second at how swiftly it bridges the gap between us. Still shaken up, I pull myself out of the trance in time to pick up the stick I'd seen, just as it jumps into the air above me. I trust my makeshift weapon into its falling torso, feeling as it pierces deep through its heavyset flesh which lands before me with a loud thud.

My eyes are as wide as saucers as I gawp at the limp, punctured body of the foreign creature. Then, looking up at the Prince, I'm sure his expression reflects mine. Shock.

I just killed a freaking Oglin!

A/N ~ So, we've met Prince Xanthous! Talk about finally...haha
What do y'all think about him? And the understanding between him and Blessing?
Also, go Blessing! She just killed her first creature thing, I'm so proud. *Wipes tear*

~♥Don't forget to vote♥~