Let's Go For a Drive

I unlocked the door to the flat and put my coat and scarf on the hook.

"London! Are you home?" Beth shouts.

"Yep! Just give me a second!" I reply taking my shoes off. Before I could pick my bags up again one of the girls jumped on me hugging me. I fell over and looked up.

"Hi Jill! I take it you missed me?" I tease her hugging her back.

"Don't ask like you didn't miss me too love," She whispers.

"I did."

"Jill get off London, we need her fit for the game!" Daan says pulling Jill up.

"Hi Daan! How are you?" I ask hugging her after getting back to my feet.

"Good, had a good international break, enjoy yours?"

"Finished strong," I say.

"France is tough London. You scored against Spain though!" Beth says.

"Fair, have you eaten yet? I'm starving."

"Just about to order a pizza, any requests?" Jill asks.

"No, I'm fine with whatever." I took my bags to my room and unzipped my suitcase. I took out the pile of envelopes and put them in my dresser drawer under my shorts. Someone knocked on the door and I quickly closed the drawer. I opened it and found Daan standing there.

"Daan! Hi, what's up?" I ask.

"Just looking to talk," She replies. I move out of the way so she can come in and close the door. "Everything okay with you London?"

"Everything's great. Why?"

"No reason." I sat on my bed and looked at her. "Really?" I ask.

"Jackie mentioned you went through something over break and-"

"Jackie did what?" I ask standing up. "What did she say to you?"

"Alright calm down. All she said was to check up on you because you've been dodging her calls and you went through something over the holiday break."

"I'm fine Danielle. You don't have to worry about me."

"London, you don't need to tell me anything. But Jackie is worried about you."

"I know she is! I know she's called me everyday since we've gotten back from break. I know she thinks I'm not okay, that I'm losing it. But I'm fine. Everything is fine Daan!"

"Your game against Spain. What was happening with you and one of their players?" Just then Leila messaged me and I flipped my phone over. "That was her now wasn't it? London, please just talk to Jackie, she wants to help you."

"I'll talk to you then. Sit down and lets talk. What do you want to know?" I ask sitting on my desk chair now.

"London-"

"Listen Daan, I don't talk about my feelings, so this is your chance. Ask me all of the questions you've had ever since Jill told you."

"Are you taking care of yourself?" She asks.

"What?"

"Are. You. Taking. Care. Of. Yourself?" She repeats.

"What do you mean? Of course I am."

"No, don't say that because I don't believe you."

"It's why I spoke with Leila, she found something out, somehow people always find out. It's something I'm managing but I can talk with her about it."

"You need people. I don't know why you refuse to believe that but you do."

"And you're one of those people?" I ask.

"Yes, I am. So is Beth, and so is Jill, and all of your Washington Spirit teammates."

I sigh and walk over to her. "Thank you." She pulls me into a hug and I hug her back briefly.

"Pizza's here!" Jill yells.

"Come with me," Jill whispers after dinner. "What?" I ask. "On a walk."

"Jill it's not safe. It's dark out and it's late."

"Let's go on a drive then. We won't get out of the car, let's just go on a drive."

"Ok, let's go." We get into the car and she starts driving us around North London. "Is something wrong Jill? Why are we just driving?" I ask looking at her. "I just wanted to talk with you without Daan or Beth listening in. We haven't really talked in depth about our relationship."

"Okay, let's talk then. What about?"

"We're dating" She says. "Yep."

"We're not announcing it yet."

"Nope."

"Not telling the girls?"

"Not yet no."

"So, where do you want to go?"

"You know London better than I do, you decide," I say. She grabs my hand and continues driving through the city. "I missed you Jill."

"I missed you to." I kiss her hand and she parks the car in a parking lot in front of a lake. The moon is reflecting onto the water and the sky is clear enough to see stars "I come here sometimes to think. And talk sometimes," She looks over at me at the last bit and I sigh. "We need to talk about my problems?"

"I'm just checking up on you. Nothing to deep, I know you don't like that. So, what is your favorite animal?" She asks smiling. "Really? Favorite animal?" I ask. "Yep. I'll go first, mine is a dog."

"A dog? That's so basic!" I laugh teasing her. "What's yours then?" She asks laughing as well. "I don't know, never thought of it. Maybe a monkey? Some of them are really cute?"

"Monkey? I don't think I would have guessed that. And what do you mean you've never thought about it? It's like the first question you get asked when you make a new friend as a kid! Anyway, what's your favorite place to travel?"

"Jill, what's the point of this?" I ask. "To get to know you better."

"Jill-"

"London, it's a simple question, don't look too deep into it." She interrupts me. "Fine, fine. I liked the Bahamas, I went there with Jackie and Merel over Christmas."

"Great. Now-"

"Jill, my parents were arrested. That's why I was in the Bahamas so I think my favorite place is actually here. In London."

"Oh, wow okay. So then that leads to my next question: How are you doing?"

"I'm okay Jill. I promise."

"I'm only asking because I care London."

"I know, you all are," I say hugging her from across the console. She pulled away briefly and kissed me.

"You don't have to do this alone anymore London."

"I know, and I'm going to let you help me through it." 

Surprise! Another update :) I'll try and update again this week but we'll see. Hope you all enjoyed! Also, I am going to end this book after the World Cup and will make a sequel following it!