Part 11 - A glimpse into RiAnsh's future #flashforward 😉

A man who remembers his dark past can be a dangerous thing some tend to believe. But those who have been able to survive those moments, exhausted from it all, it can be valuable indeed. The silence can be comforting at times if you are with ones that know you.

With the lights turned off Vansh was sitting crouched down beside the window in the library, with his back against the wall in the dark, eyes closed, fists clenched and reminiscing his past that had been filled with violence. He seemed to be unaware that Riddhima had entered the room, once again beginning her search to collect more evidence against Vansh in the dark. She opened the drawers of the table, then the cupboard and with her mini flashlight continued to look for any evidence against Vansh.

Riddhima walked over to the bookcase near the window, her hand came across something metallic, a key 🔑 perhaps... it fell to the ground, she decided to find it but tripped over something and landed in Vansh's lap. She was in shock...what was he doing here? If Vansh sees that she had been snooping around, she wasn't sure what he would do with her! He always punishes anyone that breaks the rules he sets for himself, even if they are his own family members! She was about to get up and run out of there...but something stopped her.

Vansh lost in his subconscious felt something soft on his lap. He clung on tightly, wrapping his arms around it, shivering and saying "Please, please don't leave me"
"No matter what happens I'm here," Riddhima whispered while patting his head gently. She tried to calm him down. "Everything is ok Vansh... just take a deep breath and let it out. That's it...now once again...breath in and out."
That fragrance it seems so familiar where have I come across it before? Vansh thought... it had helped him relax a little.

Vansh slowly opened his eyes, still a little disoriented and saw Riddhima's face in front of him...he blinked a few times trying to make sure that it was just his imagination but no she really was in front of him! She had also just witnessed one of his panic attacks and seen him in his most vulnerable state. A side he had hidden away from the rest of the world and a side that he also didn't want Riddhima to know about. He still had his arms around her and was clinging on... slowly he released her and got up with one hand holding the window ledge for balance.

"Are you okay Vansh?" Riddhima asked as she reached over to touch his forehead and see if he had a fever. He was sweating and still in shock that Riddhima had helped him overcome his nightmares and panic attack. He held both her hands in his and softly uttered "thank you." He was now slowly coming back to his senses and was trying to overcome the situation as best he could.

Riddhima felt something wet on her hand she had a look in the moonlight and it was blood! Where had that come from it certainly wasn't hers...that means Vansh has injured himself somewhere! "Vansh," she said and took a closer look at his hands...he had clenched his fists so hard that his fingernails had penetrated through a layer of skin of his palms, that it had caused bleeding. "Oh my goodness Vansh your hands are bleeding!" She turned the light switch on, and took him to the armchair, insisting he sit. She then found a first aid kit and cleaned the wound, wrapping a bandage around it. In silence they continued to look at each other till Riddhima had the strength to ask Vansh "What happened? You were all alone sitting on the floor in the dark! Why? Would you like to talk about it?"

Vansh wasn't his usual flirty self which Riddhima had noticed. She offered him a glass of water, which he accepted and started to drink. He was feeling a lot better now. "I couldn't sleep so I came here to read a book and take my mind off things..." Vansh replied trying his best to answer her questions. He really wasn't in the mood to discuss the details with Riddhima at the moment. Riddhima understand from his closed off replies and behaviour that he didn't feel comfortable speaking about what had just transpired moments ago.

"Okay well good night then Vansh" she turned to leave and Vansh got up and held her hand... "Wait...can you please stay here for a bit? I don't want to be alone."
"Alright." Riddhima replied. They both sat on the sofa next to each other. He continued to hold her hand like a security blanket, not wanting her to leave. Vansh held onto her hand tightly and he was feeling sleepy, he slowly rested his head on her shoulder and drifted off to sleep. 😴 He was sleeping peacefully. Riddhima looked admiringly at Vansh as he fell asleep... he was looking so innocent and cute Riddhima thought...she had the urge to swift her fingers gently through his hair...wait a second what am I thinking? How can I even think about Vansh this way? Riddhima pondered.

She tried her best to move away from Vansh but Vansh in his sleep wrapped both his arms tight around her waist, snuggling like a koala. Riddhima was also really tired and just wanted to get some rest. Luckily their was a duvet on the sofa, she reached over to it and she wrapped both of them with it and fell asleep as she couldn't break away from Vansh's tight grip. Lying side by side on the sofa with Vansh's arms still encircled around her they fell asleep. It was really odd for Riddhima as Vansh continued to hold her while asleep.

It was early morning, sunlight was streaming into the library and Vansh slowly opened his eyes

It was early morning, sunlight was streaming into the library and Vansh slowly opened his eyes. Oh such a beautiful sight it was to wake up beside his beloved! He couldn't help but smile to himself. All he desired was to plant soft kisses all over her face. She looked so exquisite! He would be so happy to wake up to such a sight daily.

He couldn't help it, he moved a strand of her hair that was on her face and tucked it behind her ear. He continued to admire her...his sweetheart...his gorgeous queen. She held his shirt in her clenched fist and started to mumble... "Va...Va...Vansh!"
"Aww how adorable she's dreaming about me! How cute!" Vansh thought.

He planted a soft kiss on her forehead and cuddled her in his arms. She smiled in her sleep and he was in a cheerful mood just seeing her happy and content. 😊

=============================
Author's Note:
Not sure if I should add this in a future chapter or I might unpublish this chapter 🤔

Thanks for all your love, support and wonderful comments 😊

1143 words

29 November 2021

29 November 2021