Part 5 - Engagement 💍

VR Mansion
He felt his control wavering. Why was it that every time he saw her he would lose his senses? She was gorgeous and what made her more beautiful was the fact that she could look him straight in the eye and voice her opinion in a confident manner. He absolutely loved that about her. It's what set her apart from anyone else that he had met before in his life.

"By the way, you did not leave any choice for me", Riddhima said.

"Alright", Vansh remarked.

Anupriya came forward and inquired about why Riddhima didn't open the door when Sia knocked on the door of her room. "Are you ready for this marriage?" she asked Riddhima.

Riddhima turned and faced her, "Are you surprised that I agreed? Aren't you surprised at all that your son is in fact forcefully marrying me?"

Anupriya stood silently a little shocked, everyone else was also startled to see Riddhima talking so openly. The entire room was silent and at a loss for words.

Riddhima then turned towards Vansh. "Honestly I was even surprised at your decision. But I am sure that you don't believe in marriage. But for every girl marriage is a dream. See every wedding ritual connects her to some new relationships. You're probably thinking it's your individual decision to marry me. But you aren't aware that in fact, it is God who has forced you to think like this. God is capable of changing a man's decision...desire and everything. I have surrendered myself to my God and I know that God will never think ill about me. Instead, I will be guided further...I mean...he will guide us to our destination. I have given my consent to this marriage on the basis of that hope."

Vansh looked at Riddhima intently...inside he was over the moon when she said 'us'. Yes, my feisty sherni! Mujhe yehi baat toh bohut acchi lagti hai jab hum bolti ho. He wanted to take her into his arms and hug her right then and there but he stopped himself.

Dadi - "That's wonderful dear, I was always proud of you. You indeed are a blessing for my grandson Vansh."

"Shall we begin the sagai rasam?", Dadi asked. Vansh nodded yes in reply.

Vansh and Riddhima sat on the sofa next to each other

Vansh and Riddhima sat on the sofa next to each other. Riddhima repeatedly said inwardly to herself...I need to remain strong. I have to do this for the sake of Kabir. This mission is crucial. Vansh gently held Riddhima's hand and put the ring on Riddhima's finger. Everyone present applauded. Riddhima took the ring out of the box and took a look at Vansh.

Vansh Raisinghanaia can go to any length to know somebody's truth, Riddhima. You will very soon get to know that.

Riddhima put the ring on Vansh's ring finger. They both were officially engaged.

Dadi - "Chalo bacho, Bappa ka ashirwad lete hai."

Vansh - "Dadi you know I don't believe in any of this."

Riddhima - "But I do, Dadi. I will go."

Riddhima lit the lamp in front of Bappa and with folded hands was thinking, I agreed to this marriage because in three days I will expose you in front of the world, Vansh. I will never get married to you! Vansh has to pay for all his wrong deeds. You have played enough with everyone's lives. Now just wait and watch for your life to turn upside down and fall apart. Three, two, one...Riddhima turned her head and looked at Vansh who was across the room talking to Angre on the phone getting an update on the consignment that had been delivered. Vansh looked at Riddhima, their eyes met briefly for a few moments, and then Riddhima turned her head looking straight ahead, hands folded and closed eyes.

You are so proud of this mansion, right, controlling everyone's lives here. I will send you to a place where you will be controlled...I will send you to prison! You will make me wear bangles today and in three days' time, you will be in handcuffs. You wish to put a mangalsutra around my neck and I want to see you in a noose. I will finish you Vansh Raisinghania. You keep dreaming about getting married and I will dream about your destruction and will fulfill it!

Riddhima was about to return to the living room where everyone was gathered when Vansh surprised her, held her hand in his, and brought it closer to his face, looking closely at the diamond engagement ring adorned on her finger. Riddhima puzzled looked at Vansh and asked "Tum kya kar rahe ho?"

"Just admiring the ring on your finger sweetheart," Vansh said. "Par sab humara intezaar kar rahe hai", Riddhima said frantically.

"Well, I want for us to celebrate this moment, my lovely fiancée," Vansh said while tracing his finger on her cheek.

Wrapping his arm around her waist, he brought her closer towards him and he brought her hand to his lips and kissed her hand. "Vansh, stop it, someone will see," Riddhima said.

"Phir kya hua, we are engaged dearest fiancée.", he whispered in her ear. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and hugged her. His nose was in the crook of her neck, he was immersed in smelling her sweet aroma. He had the urge to hug her earlier when she had referred to the both of them as 'us', but at the very last moment stopped himself as everyone else was there. His chest was now swelling with pride, she had no idea how happy she made him when she acknowledged the two of them together. Now that she was in his arms he was content. He nuzzled his nose near her neck with his eyes closed, enjoying their togetherness. "My gorgeous sweetheart, you are beyond a doubt absolutely ravishing."

Vansh was absolutely thrilled they were finally engaged. His dearest sweetheart had his ring 💍 on her finger and she was now only his and forever will be his only.
__________________________________________________________
Thank you so much everyone for your incredible love & support! ❤️