Raising your brow, you glanced over at him. "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Ever so slowly, you watch as his whole face turns into a pinkish hue, the tips of his ears burning up as he shakes his head and stuffs the crepe into his mouth. "Noffing! Don'f worry 'bou' if!"

Shinichiro san't seem to stop worrying you today.

First, he suddenly decides that he wants to talk to you again and walk you home, saying something about 'clearing things up' but the only thing he's done to you is make things more complicated in your head.

Second, he can't even talk properly which only makes things seem worse than they actually are.

And now, he's avoiding talking to you by stuffing himself with crepes.

"Sano, as much as I enjoy this crepe, I'd appreciate it if you just get on with what you wanted to tell me. I don't have all day. I have things to do-"

"Y/N, may I please start over?"

"What?"

Stopping by a bench on the sidewalk, you turn to Shinichiro who's already staring right at you, dark eyes boring holes into you with how intense he's looking. "Well, I thought about it and since we'll be dance partners, I thought that we should at least be on good terms so that we can dance properly for prom. We'll enjoy the dance better if we're actually friends, right?"

Your face feels tight as you stiffly nod at his words, not sure if you're finding the situation enjoyable.

For a second there, you thought that he meant something else... something that you'll be trying your best to not think of anymore in order to keep yourself sane.

"Yeah, that's good. I don't mind being... friends, Sano." You offer him a tight-lipped smile before biting onto the crepe, trying your best to focus on the strawberry filling and not on Sano Shinichiro's face who looks like he's just accomplished something.

Maybe it's you being delusional and hoping for something more now that you've had a whole two months to think about your feelings for him, but for a second there - only for a split second - you had wished that he'd ask you something more. That thought starts crawling up your mind, making your heart beat faster at the sheer stupidity that you let yourself indulge in.

Four months of indulging in Sano Shinichiro's presence got you looking for him everytime you turn a corner. Then two months of being away from him after you've found the courage to try and not let yourself get played with only for all your efforts to be thrown out the window the moment Shinichiro starts talking to you once more.

Your friends will surely be disappointed if they ever found out about your little emotional adventure considering they were the first victims of Sano's game and that you were there for all of it.

"-what do you think?"

You're snapped out of your thoughts the moment Shinichiro places his hand on your shoulder, an expectant look thrown at you which makes your eyes widen, embarrassment coursing through your whole body after realizing that you've been zoning out the whole time.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

A fond smile makes its way to his lips, eyes making contact with yours as he reaches his hand out to casually fluff up your hair.

Sano Shincihro truly has no shame.

For two months, you've carefully thought about your feelings for him. Meticulously breaking down every bit of source for your feelings for him and now that you've actually came up with a clear answer of how you truly feel for him, it seems as if he doesn't even want to try and think about having you as someone close to a lover.