Weird

"Gaara No Sabaku and Hinata Hyuga," the voice of her english teacher stated bringing her back to reality.

Hinata was in english class dozing off as she stared out the window, half asleep. It was first period after all. Yamato was reading off the names of their partners for their book report. The dark haired girl was hoping to get paired with her long term friend Shino who sat beside her, but it appeared that Yamato had a different plan in mind.

It's not as though she didn't like Gaara, she just felt more comfortable with Shino. Not to mention Shino didn't have those cold eyes that she so deeply hated.

She turned behind her to find Gaara resting his head on the desk. 'Is he sleeping?' she asked curiously before he turned his head, their eyes locking immediately. Hinata quickly averted her gaze, 'Definitely not asleep.'

Yamato continued to read the rest of the names he had placed together until the end of the class period. "Now those are the official partners for this project," he began. "I don't particularly care how you complete this project. Just make sure you each do your part as you will be graded both individually and as a duo." His final words gained a groan from the class causing him to chuckle as he passed back the syllabus for the assignment.

"Aww don't look so sad," he said sarcastically. "If you do the work then you'll do fine." He looked at his watch, "Class dismissed, use this time to discuss your project with your partner."

As the students rushed out the classroom, many to do as they please ignoring their teacher's advice, Hinata stayed put.

"Bye Shino," she said to her dark haired friend who gave a nod in acknowledgment.

After everyone had left she turned her attention to the sleeping boy behind her, unsure of how to approach him.

"What is it?" Gaara's tired voice sounded, startling her slightly.

Hinata bit her lip, "Sorry Gaara-san. I didn't mean to wake you."

"I wasn't sleeping," he said finally lifting his head from the desk. Hinata 'oh'-ed before he repeated his question again. "What is it?"

"How would you prefer to complete this assignment?" she asked.

There was a moment of silence as the red head gathered his thoughts, "I don't mind how we complete it."

Hinata nodded, "In that case let's meet here this weekend to work out everything!"

"The school is open on weekends?" Gaara asked curiously as he stood from his seat, Hinata gave a nod before following his lead.

"The school's open because of extracurriculars such as sports and clubs that need extra practice or resources," she told him as they walked to meet up with his siblings. "Oh and extra tutoring services for those who need it," at that she laughed as an image of Naruto struggling with algebra popped into her mind.

Gaara looked at her blankly but behind his facade she could tell he was questioning her brightened mood. Hinata shook her head getting rid of the memory as he asked, "Where will we meet?"

Hinata held her finger to her lip as she tried to concentrate as the halls began to fill with more students. "We could meet in the library for some peace and-" she was soon interrupted by an excited blond.

"HINATAAA!!"

Hinata turned around curiously to the sound of Naruto's voice, halting both her and Gaara's route to meet up with Temari and Kankuro. The blond rushed over to her and she tilted her head, "Naruto-kun? What is it?"

"I need your help!!" Naruto stated unaware of the redhead who stood beside her. "It's for math, I forgot to do the work Asuma assigned for the summer and now my grade is about to drop. Could you help me this last time?" He begged after he was done rambling.