I see Ansel not far from me but his side is darker then mine. As I walk towards him, the light around me follows as if I am literally the light. It's the same for him but the dark around him follows. I feel like it's  a super important but the more I think about it, the more my head hurts.

I then feel as if my mind is being expanded and then I start to hear cheering but it coming from my mind and not out loud.

"You did it."

That's Ansel. I start to squeal and I start trying to search for me in his mind. I find a memory of when he was training my strength ability, which I passed with flying colors btw.

I try and discreetly look for any liking interests or ya know, if he has feelings for me or whatever but am hit with a gate.

My eyes fly open and I see him rubbing his head like he was just hit. He looks up to look at me and his expression is emotionless.

He hasn't done that in a while. Oops, I think I did something bad.

"You went too far." He says in a monotone. I flush because he's never been mad at me. He may have an expressionless mask on but him opening his mind up to me caused me to feel our connection way deeper than before.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I promise!" I say, hoping he'll see that I'm telling the truth. I didn't know that I was behind the gated part of his mind. It makes me anxious but I trust him, as weird as it sounds.

He shakes his head and he chuckles, his face softening. He stands up and grabs my hands in his. He looks down at me and moves a strand of my hair out of my face and behind me ear. I feel my face flush and it feels like static when his fingers glided over my skin.

"I know you didn't mean it. It is okay." He says and pulls me in for a hug. "I'm really proud of you, you know that? You've been through so much in just a short amount of time but you've overcome it. You're so very strong. Everything is gonna be okay."

I look up at him as tears threaten to run down my face. Even in a loving home with supporting parents, that's the first time I've heard such genuineness behind words. It made me feel wanted in a way that I have never been before.

Before I could stop myself, I stood taller and I went in for a kiss. I felt him tense up in surprise but then he relaxed into the kids. He placed his hands on my waist as I snaked my arms around his neck. It felt like I was floating, like I didn't need to worry about anything in the whole universe as long as he was with me.

My soul ached for him and somehow it knew him. It knew him when he first healed me even though I'd didn't know who he was. I always felt a tug at my heart throughout my life, like something was missing and like I was exactly complete and it created a weight on my shoulders.

Now here with him though, I feel free. Like I don't need to give a care in the world.

After a while, we both pull back at the same time, breathing heavily. I stare into his eyes and I see that they have softened to a dark pink tone. His eyes shine with admiration.

"You're gorgeous." He says. I smile at him and lean my head against his chest. I feel comfortable just hugging him and just being in each other's presence.

"I think we can both agree that I kiss better than you." I say while giggling. He chokes and starts coughing while I double over in laughter. I admit that it was very unexpected but it was hilarious although to be truthful, he was a better kisser. He pushes my shoulder playfully.

"Oh so that's how you wanna go." I say, rolling up my imaginary sleeves. I run up to him and starts playfully punching his arm and he starts tickling me. I laugh and run away while he chases me.

We have a stand-off on either side of the couch before I quickly start to round the couch before I stop in my tracks. Ansel's veins are shining a white-bluish glow and his hand is outstretched to me.

"YOU ARE SUCH A CHEATER!" I yell as I attempt to break out with no luck. He starts laughing and hurriedly makes his way towards me. He puts his hand down and I'm able to move again but he grabs me around my waist and lifts me off the ground, spinning me around.

I laugh and he laughs. It feels like nothing in the world can break our bond apart. He puts me down and turns me around to face him. He trails a piece of my hair along my face then turns me back around. He takes my hair out of the messy ponytail and combs his finger through my hair. He pulls all my hair back and ties it up with the hair tie then he turns me back around to face him.

When he turns me around, my face feels hot and it must be red because he starts snickering. I just look at him and his amazing features. I start to lift up my hand to cup his face but am interrupted when the front door blows open.

In walk the Lopians that actually wanted everyone dead. One of them raises their hand at me and out comes a string of what looks like lighting.

I close my eyes and brace myself for a whole lot of pain when I am pushed to the side. I fall on the ground to see that Ansel pushed me and is now clutching his arm. He looks at me with a pained smile and then he falls to the ground.

I look up at the Lopians making their way towards us. I feel very very angry and I start to feel myself heat up. I look down and see my arms, or rather my veins, are lit up. I look to the side and look at the mirror to see that every vein is glowing except mine is more blue and not white. I look up and my eyes are glowing a bright blue.

I look to see the Lopians surrounding me and I feel the power coursing through me. I look to my side and see my Ansel laying there, motionless.

I swear they are gonna pay for this.