7- History

*Story credit/Inspo by @smuttslxt*

I open my eyes to find myself in the dark. I shiver in spite of being covered with blankets. My lungs are aching and my head is throbbing. That training was worse than anything I've had to go through. I had to watch that weird creature hurt that little girl and knowing that I couldn't help her was killing me.

"You are awake."

I turn my head and look to see Ansel slumping in the chair. He looks tired like he was drifting off to sleep.

"Hi." is all I manage to say. I have so many questions, so many that it's overwhelming me. He gets up from the chair and makes his way towards me. "Are you doing alright?" He asks.

I look up at him to see that he looks genuinely concerned, the hard shell and emotionless mask that he's been wearing has finally been broken. I kind of like that.

"I'm fine. My head just hurts." I say. He gets on his knees beside the bed so that I have to look down at him now. He grabs mind hand and holds it tight. "I'm so sorry, Ivy. I didn't know that the training would be so hard for you. It never was this hard training new Lopians. I'm sorry I put you through that." He says, voice sounding like it's about to break.

I squeeze his hand back to let him know that it's alright. His eyes move fast, looking across my face, searching for something.

"Ansel, what's an Enir?" I ask. It comes out of nowhere but I don't regret it. The little girl was freaked out from seeing the Enir, she called it. I want to know what it is.

He looks at me, a bit surprised but then his face turns serious and a bit of anger shows.

He's really starting to show a lot more emotions now

"An Enir is a violent, malevolent ethereal being that has tormented others for quanton." He says. I look at him confused. "What's quanton?" I ask.

"Quanton is a form of time we use. For you humans it would be centuries but for us, it is quanton. Although quanton is larger than centuries." He says. It sounds like a lot of time but I stay silent and let him continue.

"We have been in war with the Enir race for many many quanton. We've had wars, battles, we've destroyed their world and they have destroyed ours." He says, "But 13 years ago, the Enir took over our Planet and killed our people. We had to locate to a different planet. It was said that the Enir only found us was because the humans were working with them and gave away our location."

I stare at him in disbelief. How did we not know this?

"You're government keeps a lot of things from you. They think it's for the sake of the people, that ignorance is bliss. They were wrong because look where it got them." He scoffs. I can tell that he's getting angry talking about this but I have to tell him what I saw.

"When we were training, trying to get me to see a vision. I saw something. I saw a little girl playing and her parents were arguing on the porch, not paying attention to her. She saw a butterfly and started to chase it and I followed her. She was followed by a person with all black, you couldn't even see their face. She called them an Enir and they were covered in blood. It knocked her down and she never got up." I look up to see him staring in shock. He squeezes my hand. I'm starting to like that a lot.

"What else happened?" He asked.

"Nothing, I screamed and I screamed because I wanted to get out of there." I say as tears started to run down my face.

"So thats why you were drowning." He says it like it's a matter of fact.

"What happened when I was having that vision?" I ask him. I'm truly interested because I felt really weird while have that transformation but my eyes weren't open so I couldn't see anything.