十三 | 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

But she never could forget.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Aiko's pained screams had silently echoed throughout the home, and Y/N couldn't do anything but watch in the corner as her father lifted the pan from the stove, pouring the food that was currently cooking in the pan onto Aiko.

With the hot food, came the hot oil.

Y/N's E/C eyes watched in horror as the sizzling oil fell on her mother's hands, the food spilling down her beautiful yukata.

That one was Y/N's favourite yukata her mother had, and she watched as it got covered in the oil and residue from the food.

'Look what you did Aiko! Clean this up and get back to cooking!'

Bang. He threw the hot pan down at Aiko's feet, ignoring her scream as the burning hot metal hit her feet.

Y/N couldn't even look at her father as he walked away, the sliding door slamming shut. Her eyes brimmed with tears, little whimpers escaping her mouth.

With careful steps, she walked towards her mama, sitting down to help move the pan, her tiny hand gripping the handle ad she carefully moved it to the side.

Aiko's hands and feet were burnt, the area red hot, and skin beginning to peel and turn into blisters.

With shaky hands and tears streaming down her face, Y/N moved the hot food from the floor, her hands flinching back at the hot temperature.

Gentle hands came on top of hers, it was Aiko's.

Y/N looked up at her mother, who had a wobbly smile on her face, trying her best to stay strong for her youngest child.

"Y/N. It's okay, I'll clean it up, alright, sweetie? Do you think you could go and get mama another yukata from the closet? It'd be a big help."

Y/N nodded, scrambling over to her mother's room, opening the closet door to retrieve another yukata for her.

She didn't fail to notice how her mother started crying as soon as she was out of sight, her sobs echoing throughout the empty house.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

That incident wasn't the worst one, but it was terrifying for a three-year-old to see their mother get hurt like that, especially at the hands of their father.

Sometimes, he would make her bleed, leaving her where she was to clean herself up, blaming her for the blood that leaked from the wounds he inflicted on her.

He was still in control of her noose and this time, he dangled her from side to side, the rope still around her neck as she tried to care for her child.

It only got worse for Y/N as she turned four.