Sarah x Reader (Anxiety)

TW: Anxiety / slight panic attack

Y/N POV

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and the whole family are coming round. Sarah and Holland, Rachel and Kelly and all of my cousins and aunties and uncles. It is going to be such a busy day and I am already dreading it. Sarah and Holland are flying over today to join us and then everyone else will be here tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner.

*Phone rings* Mom answers phone downstairs *puts phone down*

Mom: "Y/n lets go pick up Sarah and Holland from the airport they have just landed."

Y/n: "Okay mom

Y/n: "Okay mom." I said as I ran down the stairs pulling on my sneakers.

We got in the car and drove to the airport. I was so excited when I saw Sarah that I jumped out of the car and ran to hug her. I really missed my big sister so much!

Sarah POV

I could wait to see everyone again after being away for so long. When we landed I called my mom straight away asking her to pick me and Holland up. When we were leaving the airport y/n ran up to me and hugged me not letting go.

Sarah: "Hiiiii y/n! Still a shorty compared to me?" I stuck my tongue out and we laughed.

Y/n: "Oh shush Paulson." She said rolling her eyes and laughing at me.

We all got in the car and drove back home. Holland and I put our things in my old room, next door to y/ns and then we went back downstairs for dinner as it was almost 7pm. We all ate together then put our pyjamas on and sat talking on the couch. My mom went up to bed so early, shortly followed by Holland suffering with jetlag. Y/n stayed cuddled into my side and we talked most of the night.

Y/N POV

Me and Sarah sat and talked all night as I cuddled into her side

Me and Sarah sat and talked all night as I cuddled into her side. We had a big age gap for being sisters but I would never change being the youngest sibling. We talked about my school and how I was following in her footsteps going to the same performing arts high school as her and how I have been in a few commercials. I always preferred to be on stage rather than film and television but I would never pass up an opportunity.

Sarah: "Sooo how you feeling about tomorrow?"

Y/n: "I'm so excited but a little nervous."

Sarah: "Why are you nervous? Is your anxiety acting up again?"

Y/n: "Yeah it's just been getting worse lately, I don't know why though and I'm scared, what if I have a panic attack in front of everyone."

Sarah: "Oh honey, I'll be there all of the time if you need to be excused, I tap my hand and we can go for a while."

Y/n: "Okay thank you Sar."

Sarah: "Hey its okay, how about we go up to bed now?"

Y/n: "Yeah I'm tired. Too tired to walk up the stairs." I said pouting and Sarah hoping she would carry me to my bed.

Sarah: "Ugh come on lazy butt, you never change." She laughed as she scooped me up carrying me to bed.

Sarah POV

I carried y/n up to bed because being the older sister means I have to be nice to her and she's too cute to not be so she always wins. Once I had carried her upstairs we stood and brushed our teeth and then y/n went to her room and I went to mine. I got into bed and Holland turned over and held her arm around my waist.

Holland: "Goodnight sweetheart."

Sarah: "Night darling."

Y/n POV

I got into bed after brushing my teeth and I fell asleep straight away.

*Time skip to morning - 9am*

My alarm went off and I got up, showered and got dressed for Thanksgiving

My alarm went off and I got up, showered and got dressed for Thanksgiving. I went downstairs and had some breakfast with Sarah and Holland whilst my mom ran out to the store for some napkins before everyone arrived. We laughed, joked and watched TV all morning until 11 when Rachel and Kelly arrived, shorty followed by Liz and her kids. More people continued to show up until there was around 20 people in total. I started to feel a little anxious but before I could do anything dinner was called and we sat down.

I was sat next to Sarah and Rachel on the other side. We had been eating for around 20 minutes. Everyone was laughing and joking and I began to feel really anxious. I felt a wave of heat rush through my body making me feel almost numb and then I felt my chest begin to tighten. I tried to control it but to no avail so I quickly tapped Sarah's hand which was on her lap whilst she was talking over me to Rachel. By this point she looked at me and mouthed 'do you need to leave?' I nodded and we both stood up making our excuses, Rachel and Liz both understanding what was happening. We made it upstairs and she sat me down and the top of the stairs helping me control my breathing, allowing me time and space to slow my racing thoughts, until I calmed and my breathing was back to normal.

She soothed me by holding my hand and talking to me softly throughout the attack and then she helped me walk back downstairs handing me a new fidget she got for me to see if it would help. I sat and the table with my new fidget calm once again restored in my mind. The rest of Thanksgiving went smoothly and everyone except my sisters left, so it was quiet again, other than the little kids running around and playing hide and seek. My sisters and I sat on the couch watching a movie until we all began to get tired. Sarah and I took the kids to bed and once we had come back downstairs Holland, Rachel, Kelly and Liz were all sleeping on the couch and my mom had gone up to bed. Zwe covered them in a blanket and went off to bed.

Y/n: "Sar?"

Sarah: "What is it littlest Paulson?"

Y/n: "Can I stay with you tonight? Like when I was younger?"

Sarah: "Of course, but keep your legs to yourself, you always used to kick in your sleep when you were little."

Y/n: "Fine...but don't steal all my duvet!"

Sarah: "Its my room and my duvet." She giggled and covered us both over

Y/n: "Good night sis. I love you."

Sarah: "Night mini Paulson. I love you too."

We drifted off to sleep.