He was thankful for the help and he saw Shinepaw's amber eyes glittering with excitement. She stared down at the herbs in wonder. "What's this one?" She pointed with her paw at the Alder bark.

"That's Alder bark. It's used for treating toothaches." Nutwhisker meowed, confused at why Shinepaw was so interested in his herbs. Did she want to be his apprentice?

Shinepaw leaned towards it and meowed, "You don't have very much... and it's all wet!" She squeaked when her nose touched it.

Nutwhisker sniffed with a pang of restlessness, "There was a leak and Alder bark isn't too important because not many cats have toothaches here."

Shinepaw shrugged in agreement, "Okay. What are these?" She sniffed the Chervile Root.

"That's Chervile Root. It's used to treat infections." Nutwhisker meowed and swept his thin tail across the ground. "Now, are you going to sit around asking questions all day or are you going to help?"

Shinepaw's amber gaze darted to the ground and she mumbled, "Sorry. What do you need me to do?"

"Find some sticks and leaves. I need to fix the leak in the den." Nutwhisker meowed and padded back into his den, not even waiting for Shinepaw to acknowledge his request.

______________

Shadedmoon's POV:

Shadedmoon was laying in her nest as she waited for sunhigh so that she could go on patrol.

She hadn't even realised she had fallen asleep until she awoke in a dream. It was obvious she was in Starclan. Cats played around her and she felt a smile form on her lips. Even though majority of these cats were strangers to her, Shadedmoon felt a connection with them.

A mew sounded behind her and she spun around to see someone she had never expected to see. "Brightstar!" She smiled and bounded over to the old leader and touched noses with her. "It's so good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too, Shadedmoon." Brightstar purred and pulled away. "But I haven't come here to talk about the old times, I am here to tell you that you must return to your clan."

Shadedmoon narrowed her eyes, "Is Frostclan in trouble?"

"Not yet.. If you hurry, you can stop the incoming danger." Brightstar blinked her warm eyes slowly.

"What is the danger? Tell me!" Shadedmoon demanded.

"Twolegs are invading." Was all Brightstar said before Shadedmoon was plunged back into the world of the living.

______________

Stormflame's POV:

Stormflame felt a tickle in his throat as there was a feather there and coughed softly. The small cough suddenly turned loud and chesty and Stormflame panicked. Have I got Greencough?!'

He finally stopped coughing and stood up from the nest and trotted out of the nursery and towards Nutwhisker's den to see him chatting with Shinepaw. The golden furred apprentice was pawing a small pile of sticks and leaves to Nutwhisker.

"Nutwhisker!" Stormflame breathed and stalked closer. He felt another annoying tickle in his throat and started coughing. "N-Nutwhisker!" He spluttered.

Nutwhisker growled, "Why are you out of your den?! Get back in there!"As Stormflame controlled his coughing, Nutwhisker sniffed his pelt. Stormflame saw the medicine cat unsheathe his claws and stiffen. "You have Whitecough! Get into the medicine den now!"

Stormflame froze in alarm, "Whitecough?! No! That can't be true! You can't tell if I have it or not just by a simple sniff of my pelt!" His pitch black fur spiked up along his back and his tail thrashed behind him.

"I am a medicine cat! I can tell if you have Whitecough or not by a single sniff." Nutwhisker snarled, his lush green gaze bore challengingly into Stormflame's ice blue eyes. The medicine cat knew Stormflame could beat him with a single lift of his paw, thanks to his fire powers, but Nutwhisker challenged him anyway. Whether he was brave or mouse-brained, Stormflame couldn't tell.

Meanwhile, Shinepaw was cowering behind Nutwhisker. Her golden fur was bristling with apprehension.

Stormflame eventually broke eye contact with Nutwhisker and lowered his tail in defeat, "I'll be in the medicine den then..." As he stalked inside the den he muttered, "How is Silverstar going to react to this?"

____________

Silverstar's POV:

The forest was calmly silent. Silverstar smiled softly as she padded quietly along the path that led to the Magiclan border. She wasn't out on patrol, she was alone. The silver she cat was out on a quick walk in the forest to relieve the tension around her.

As Silverstar drew closer to the border, more sounds started. Birds sang overhead and the tree branches rustled with life as the brightly coloured birds danced on the branches. It was soothing to hear life in the trees. That meant there was still more prey out in their territory.

Silverstar reached the end of the forest, where the moorland began and the border was situated. She saw Loveheart's border patrol still there. There was another patrol from Magiclan confronting them. Silverstar darted forwards and demanded, "What is going on?"

"We're delivering a traitor." Snarled Secretbee and from behind him came their medicine cat, Watersplash! The she cat looked underfed and her fur was matted in places. Her eyes were dull and sad. "She betrayed us, so we kicked her out. But she wouldn't leave the territory. The mouse-brain can't even hunt or fight so we're giving her to you since Lightclan loves to take in strays." The deputy sneered and shoved Watersplash over the border.

The medicine cat stumbled but caught herself and glanced up at Silverstar pleadingly, "Please don't kill me."

Silverstar felt sympathy rise up inside of her and she offered a helpful smile, "Don't worry, we'll take you back to camp and look after you."

Cloudsun growled, "You're letting her stay?! Just like that? She could be a Magiclan spy!"

Loveheart interrupted softly, "They wouldn't harm their medicine cat like this just for her to spy for them. She needs help, let's go. Quick." The old she cat pressed herself against Watersplash and meowed, "It's okay. I'll help you." Before leading the medicine cat towards the bushes.

Silverstar watched the two go before turning to Cloudsun. "Run around the territory and round up all the warriors outside camp and bring them back to camp. Say that I'm calling an urgent meeting."

Cloudsun dipped his broad head and dashed away with his tail streaming behind him. Silverstar turned and trotted after Loveheart and Watersplash, back to camp.

____________