Chapter 6

Clearlight's POV:

Clearlight stalked towards the mouse, ears flattened to his head. He creeped ever so slowly, making sure he caught this mouse. He had missed a vole before he saw the mouse and other than that, he'd been unsuccessful in finding any other prey in the whole East side of the territory.

He was about to pounce on the squirrel when Cloudsun burst through the undergrowth, yowling, "Silverstar is calling an urgent meeting back at camp!!"

The mouse scurried away as soon as Cloudsun crashed clumsily through the bushes and Clearlight snarled, "You mouse-brain! I lost that mouse because of you!"

"Sorry!" Cloudsun panted and shook out his light grey and white fur, "But Silverstar told me to get all of the warriors back to camp!"

Clearlight growled under his breath and lashed his thick grey tail, "Fine. I'll be at camp, Fluffystream is out hunting closer to the border." He gaze Cloudsun a stern stare, "Don't ruin his hunt."

Cloudsun nodded and dashed away again. Clearlight sighed and lowered his head slightly before pushing past a bramble bush, the thorns snagged at his thick pelt but Clearlight shrugged off the sharp pricks and took off at a fast trot towards camp.

Clearlight had to admit that Cloudsun did seem quite shaken up. Whatever Silverstar was calling the meeting about, it seemed very important.

So Clearlight picked up his pace until he was sprinting down the pathway that led back to camp. His legs pumped beneath him and his tail whipped behind him and he steered himself through the undergrowth, dodging a low hanging branch.

It wasn't long before Clearlight reached camp and he slowed as he crashed through the entrance and came to a bit of a clumsy stop right beside Bumblestrike. The younger grey tom was staring at Clearlight with wide eyes. Mousenose muttered from behind him, "Watch where you're going." The brown she cat nudged her brother away from Clearlight and the two joined Demonpelt and Whitetail closer to the Hightree.

Clearlight settled down next to Nutwhisker and, weirdly, Shinepaw as he caught his breath. "What did Silverstar want us for?"

"I don't know. But if you take a deep breath, you can smell Magiclan scent in the air." Shinepaw meowed and took a loud sniff of the air to show.

Clearlight silently parted his mouth and breathed in the scents. Shinepaw was right; there was Magiclan scent. It was fresh too. He was about to voice his thoughts when Silverstar yowled, "Cats of Lightclan!"

By then, the other patrols had returned to camp and everyone except for Wildkit and Stormflame stood crowded by the Hightree, awaiting Silverstar's announcement.

"As most of you can smell, a Magiclan cat is among us." Silverstar began. Her statement immediately started a chain reaction of mutters.

"I knew I smelled Magiclan." Fluffystream hissed.

Blizzardpaw yowled, "Is it a prisoner? I wanna see!"

Blackpaw interrupted Blizzardpaw, "No let me see it! I'll rip his eyes out!"

In the end, the two troublemaking apprentices started play fighting and Foxclaw and Cloudsun had to yank the two off eachother to stop them fighting.

Clearlight turned his attention from thw commotion and back to Silverstar. The silver she cat had a stern expression as she stared at Blizzardpaw and Blackpaw. "Blizzardpaw, got sit with your mentor until the end of the meeting!"

Blizzardpaw muttered softly, but loud enough for everyone to hear, "Blackpaw gets off easy because he's the leader's kit. Mouse-brain." The tom's blue eyes blazed with wrath as he stalked towards his mentor.