Bonus Chapter

Stormstar's POV:

The full moon floated in the dark night sky as Stormstar led his warriors out of camp and into the shadowy forest.

Nutwhisker, Watersplash and Shinepaw flanked Stormstar. Shinepaw was bubbling with excitement; this was her first gathering. Watersplash was more nervous than excited for her first gathering as a Lightclan medicine cat and Nutwhisker was his usual quiet self.

Behind Stormstar, ten cats trotted behind him. Bumblestrike, Fluffystream, Blazemoon, Foxclaw, Ashleg, Dawnheart, Rosepaw, Blackpaw, Icepaw and Blizzardpaw. Dawnheart padded at the rear, making sure the apprentices didn't fall behind. Stormstar was glad he chose Dawnheart as deputy. She had proven that she was the perfect choice during the time he and Silverstar had been sick.

Clearlight had decided to retire to the elders den a day after Silverstar's sudden death. Silverstar's death seemed to make him realise that he wasn't as young as he thought. But the old grey tom was quite happy as an elder. He regularly entertained Mousenose's kits. At a quarter moon old, the three kits were already growing active and playful. They often ventured outside the nursery and tried to play pranks on the warriors. Stormstar could tell they were going to be a pawful once they grew older.

Stormstar pricked his ears as Nutwhisker chatted with Watersplash. The two medicine cats brushed pelts as they padded behind him.

"Is Bigstep complaining about any pains?" Nutwhisker asked Watersplash.

Watersplash replied, "No. He doesn't seem to be getting worse."

"But as we have already seen, that can change in an instant." Nutwhisker whispered.

Stormstar turned his attention to what was ahead of him and ignored Nutwhisker and Watersplash's conversation.

Luckily, Stormstar's greencough had been healed when he went to receive his nine lives. But greencough was still around. Bigstep had been moved to the medicine den along with Slowsky. The two elders had come down with greencough. Loveheart had been coughing a bit the day before. Nutwhisker checked her over and declined that it was greencough or whitecough but Stormstar wasn't sure.

Stormstar shook away his thoughts and concentrated on getting to the gathering place in the Leaf-Bare Hunting Grounds. They were already running a little late so Stormstar picked up the pace to a fast trot. They passed the border and trotted hurriedly across the moorland of the Leaf-bare Hunting Grounds.

It didn't take long from there for them to reach the gathering place.

Stormstar reached the top of the hill and flicked his tail for his warriors to rush down the slope and into the clearing where the other two clans were already gathered.

Stormstar spotted Rabbitstar and Tabbystar sitting atop the large boulder together. He padded towards them and climbed up the boulder, preparing himself for their comments.

As he expected, Rabbitstar was first to speak. "Stormflame? What is going on. Where is Silverstar?"

Stormstar sat down beside Tabbystar and whispered solemnly, "Silverstar is in Starclan now."

"Oh my!" Tabbystar gasped, "That's terrible! How?"

"Greencough." Stormstar kept it vague.

"So you are leader now? Stormstar?" Rabbitstar blinked, clearly not expecting this.

"Yes." Stormstar meowed.

"Well, congratulations Stormstar.." Rabbitstar turned away and faced the cats below. "Everyone gather!"

The mumble and mews from below stopped abruptly and many eyes fixed themselves on the leaders above them, mainly on Stormstar. He heard a few cats mutter to one another about what had happened to Silverstar.

Tabbystar took a step forwards and spoke first, "Prey is still running well in Monsterclan despite the cold weather. Our borders have had no troubles at all. But if we do have any trouble, we shall deal with it properly." He flashed a pointed glance at Stormstar.

Stormstar shrugged his shoulders, confused. What was Tabbystar implying?

"That is all for us." Tabbystar stepped back, allowing Stormstar to step forwards.

"Lightclan has been having a little bit of trouble with our prey..." Stormstar wasn't too sure what to say and he cringed when the realisation dawned on him that he had told the other clans that Lightclan was weak. "Um, but we are still strong. Our warriors are healthy and.. Our bellies are full... Uh... Um.. A few days ago, Silverstar passed away from greencough.. I am now Stormstar, leader of Lightclan."

Dawnheart raised her voice from the base of the boulder. "Silverstar! Stormstar!" She cheered, her gaze fixed on the sky.

Cheers came from the Lightclan warriors and a few half-hearted cheers came from the Monsterclan cats. Only two Magiclan cats cheered.

When the cheering died down, Stormstar continued. "I would also like to say that we will be watching our borders very closely. If anyone tries to take our territory we will stop it." As Stormstar stepped back, Rabbitstar shoved past him with a light growl.

"I have something important to say!" Rabbitstar announced. "Yes it is true we have been trying to take Lightclan's territory, but we have good reason to." He fixed Stormstar a glare, "Lightclan does not belong here!"

Shocked yowls erupted from the Lightclan cats. Stormstar lashed his tail, "What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember when was last attacked your camp? We tried to chase you out! Lightclan came here seasons ago and stole our territory. Since then, hunting has been poor during leaf-bare and we have lost more warriors." Rabbitstar snarled.

"How can you remember something that happened so long ago?" Stormstar growled.

Tabbystar spoke up, "Our great grandparents know what happened and they have told our grandparents who then told our parents. We all know how you stole our territories."

"Your story has been twisted and altered!" Stormstar growled. "That is not how it happened!"

"Oh really?" Rabbitstar growled, "How would you know, kittypet? You were never around to find out!"

"I'm not a kittypet!" Stormstar yowled and unsheathed his claws.

Dawnheart screeched, "Stop the gathering! Clouds have covered the moon!"

Stormstar looked up and gasped when he saw the moon being covered by clouds. Soon everything went dark and Stormstar found it hard to see anything at all. He was about to leap off the boulder and lead his clan away when Rabbitstar's claws dug into his haunches. His cold voice sounded in Stormstar's ear.

"Keep your clanmates close, Stormstar, and your kits closer."

_______________

YEY

So how was the Bonus chappy?

It's pretty short xD

Sooo.. I'll see you all when I post book 6!!