Chapter 19

Clearlight's POV:

"Dawnheart!" Clearlight yowled for the temporary leader of the clan as he crashed into camp followed by Foxclaw who was carrying Demonpelt.

Dawnheart raced from the warriors den, "I smell blood! What happened?" She halted in front of Clearlight and peeked around his shoulder to see Demonpelt laying limply on Foxclaw's back. A low moan of grief came from Dawnheart and she shook her head, "Not Demonpelt..."

Clearlight nudged Dawnheart lightly, "It's okay. Demonpelt fought bravely, defending her clan territory. She will be honored forever in Starclan."

Did you forget already? Demonpelt is right here with me. Whitetail's voice sounded in Clearlight's head and he flinched.

Dawnheart eyed Clearlight curiously, "What's wrong?" She blinked her eyes at him and her gaze scanned him.

"Oh.." Clearlight stuttered, "My.. My wounds are hurting.." he mentally slapped himself for the lame excuse but it seemed to work and Dawnheart dipped her head.

"Go to the medicine den and get healed up. You too Foxclaw." Dawnheart nodded in the direction of the medicine den. "I'll sort out Demonpelt..."

Clearlight dipped his head and padded into the medicine den. He was immediately confronted by Watersplash. She dropped the stale moss in her jaws and gasped, "What in Starclan happened?"

"Magiclan ambushed us at the border." Clearlight meowed as he settled down on the ground. Blood dripped from his stinging wounds and he winced when a wave of pain swept over him.

"Demonpelt was killed." Foxclaw commented with a sad sigh. "Razbreeze killed her."

"Razbreeze, you say?" Came Silverstar's meow from further inside the den. The silver she cat emerged behind Watersplash and meowed. "I knew that cat was trouble..."

Clearlight growled, "I will go to Magiclan camp and kill Rabreeze myself. Even if I risk my own life, I will avenge Demonpelt."

Silverstar was about to argue but instead she raised her head a little higher, "She was one of our strongest warriors, stronger and more skilled than me in fact. She deserved a better death." She dipped her head to Clearlight, "We must avenge her death. Magiclan has been trying to take our territory for a long time now and they have crossed the line. Too many deathes have been caused by them. Magiclan have forgotten the extent of our powers... I think it is time to show them that we aren't weak and defenseless."

_________________

Nutwhisker's POV:

Nutwhisker raced across the moorland.

Wind whipped around him.

His fur ruffled and pulled against him as his legs pumped beneath him.

He screwed his green eyes against the wind and scrunched his muzzle.

Suddenly, Nutwhisker halted at the edge of the familiar dip the in ground. Pawsteps showed just how many times he used to come to this place.

His scent still lingered in the air.

But Nutwhisker wasn't in the mood for happy or sad memories.

The brown tom turned his head up and fixed his eyes in the dark sky above. The sun had set a while ago and the stars had begun to appear in the sky.

For a short while, Nutwhisker glared up at the sky. His fur bristled and his tail lashed. His lips curled back and his teeth shone in the moonlight.

Then, Nutwhisker let out the loudest yowl he could muster. It lasted at least five long heartbeats and birds rose in a panic from the trees in the distance. Nutwhisker's ears rung from his yowl but he didn't care. He needed to let out his anger on something.