Prologue

Skystar's POV:

It was another peacefull day in Starclan.

Skystar paced around the Viewing Pool, her gaze flickered from the pool and the ground. "There must be some way we can change the course of Lightclan's destiny." The white, starry she cat fixed her glowing green eyes on the blue furred she cat in front of her. Her green markings on her face grew brighter and the ground streak down her back glowed unnaturally.

"I am as powerless as you are, Skystar." The blue she cat sighed and flattened her ears against her thick furred head. "Even the most powerful cats are defenceless against the odds. It is up to Silverstar, Stormflame and Nutwhisker to guide their clan through this hardship."

"Has Shadedmoon been summoned yet?" Skystar questioned, changing the painful subject about the death of her adopted clan. The snow white she cat's markings faded slightly as she calmed. It had been an mysterious discovery Skystar had found out about herself in her time in Starclan. When she got angry or scared, strange green and brown markings would appear on her fur and glow brightly until she calmed down again.

The former Lightclan medicine cat denied Skystar's question with a swift jerk of her head. "Not yet, but it isn't my duty to guide Shadedmoon. It is Brightstar who sends her to places where she is needed."

"I hope she stays until after leaf-bare... We will need her powers." Skystar frowned when she realised she said 'we' instead of 'they.' She still felt connected to her former clan even after all the moons in Starclan. Skystar never forgave Moonclaw, her father, for killing her that day. Where ever he may be, Skystar hoped he was suffering for what he did.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Waterfly whispering, "You known that won't happen..." The blue she cat gave Skystar a sad smile, "Don't worry, Silverstar is the best leader to lead Lightclan through this obstacle... Besides you." A small smile spread on Skystar's lips but she quickly started frowning again.

"I'm just so worried. Look at this!" She dipped a paw in the Viewing Pool and she imagined being in the Lightclan forest and the water changed to where Skystar imagined. Stormflame was leading a hunting patrol near the Leaf-bare hunting grounds but was having no luck in catching anything. "They will starve before the snow even arrives!"

"Skystar, please calm down." Waterfly meowed warily and the leader realised her glowing markings in her fur had returned to full strength.

"S-sorry." Skystar mumbled and turned away from the pool and faced the playing kits further away in moor. One of the kits was the Magiclan tom that had been burned by one of Stormflame's fireballs and Skystar remembered having to interfere to stop Stormflame from killing anyone else. Had Silverstar made a terrible mistake in allowing such a dangerous young tom to be deputy? Will be end up helping Lightclan fade away?
"No. Silverstar chose well." Skystar growled firmly and tried to avert her thoughts again to something happier. The memories of her mother flooded her thoughts and she felt her eyes sting with fresh tears at the thought of how her mother, Raindrop, died. Killed by my father, her mate. Skystar's father was a killer. It was truly heartbreaking but Skystar was okay with it; her mentor Jumpingstar served as a wonderdul substitute father before his death.

Death surrounded Skystar constantly.

She was dead. 6 of her 8 kits, dead. Her parents, dead. Her mentor, dead. Her mate, Clearlight and her remaining kits, depressed Nutwhisker and hard-working Whitetail were the only remaining relatives that were still alive. Silverstar was still alive as well... Skystar missed her old friend.
Then there was Coloureyes... He was a tricky one. He too was dead, poisoned by Starclan as an omen to tell Skystar that Clearlight was here true mate. But when things got lonely in Starclan, he seemed like a good mate. Every time the green and blue eyed tom licked her cheek or purred around her, Skystar felt like she was betraying Clearlight.

"Do you think she can hear us?" A small voice sounded behind Skystar and she pricked her ears and sniffed the air. The kits.

Skystar stayed silent and waited for the kits to creep closer to try and scare her. Then, without a single twitch, Skystar made a large leaf grow out of the ground and cup the kits in its petals. They let out excited squeals and wiggled the brightly coloured flowers, "Higher, Sky, higher!" Birdkit sqeaked. Skystar smiled at her nickname the small kit had given her since his recent death in the Magiclan attack.

"Be careful though." Skystar smiled and raised her paw slightly. The flowers followed her paw and they rose higher.

Shrewkit of Magiclan bounced on his pink coloured leaf, "Your earth powers are so cool!" The little brown furred tom kit lashed his tail playfully and reached across to tap Birdkit's rump. Birdkit squeaked in surprise and tried to jump onto the older kit's flower but he missed and Skystar quickly made a new flower rise up to catch the Lightclan tom.

"Catch meeee!" Birdkit leapt deliberately off the new flower and Skystar quickly grew another flower, which he landed on and jumped again.

Skystar narrowed her lush green eyes, "Slow down Birdkit." She warned but the kit kept jumping and jumping and Skystar couldn't make the flowers fast enough. Skystar went to make another flower to catch the kit but she missed and the flower knocked Birdkit sideways and he fell to the ground.

Skystar rushed to the little sparkling kit and meowed worriedly, "Birdkit!"

_____________

A/N:

Eh.. I made a Frozen scene oops xD

Anyways, that was a long and tiring trip down memory lane for Skystar. It took me a while to collect all the info from the other books so that I could remember.

Heh.