"Y/n?"

I jumped off my chair, frightened, but as soon as I turned around, I felt relieved.

"Michael," My hand was lightly pounding my chest, calming myself down. "You scared the shit out of me." I sat back down on the chair.

"I just followed you here, I thought it wasn't you at first until I saw the side of your face." He sat down next to me. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

-Draco's POV-

I was walking back to the common room from fixing the cabinet when I recognize someone entering the library.

Her wavy hair swept down on her shoulder, half of it was tied with silver-coloured ribbon. She was wearing her pyjama whilst carrying a lamp, parchment and quill.

Y/n.

What is she doing here around this time? She should be in her dorm, sleeping.

I followed her behind, unnoticed and hid on one of the bookshelves that were a bit near her, and watched her as she tried to reach for the book on the 4th shelf of the cabinet.

Then, she pulled the chair out, stepped on it and reached for the book she needed.

A smile crept up to her lips as she looked down on the book. A smile of relief.

Then, she jumped off the chair.

I was about to run and grab her on the arms to prevent her from slipping but she immediately grabbed on the top rail of the chair.

Relieved I was, of course, because if she got slipped, I would panic and rush her immediately into the Hospital wing just to make sure she's ok.

She sat down on the chair, unrolling the parchment and opening the book, then started writing.

She must have gone here to do her assignment.

"Y/n?"

She jumped out of her chair upon hearing Michael.

"Michael, you scared the shit out of me!" she exclaimed, sitting back at the table.

"I just followed you here, I thought it wasn't you at first until I saw the side of your face." He sat down next to her. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"Doing my homework, of course." She continued writing. "Just now is the best time to go here."

"Are you alright though? From everything that has been going on?" He furrowed his brows, worried about her.

She sighed and pressed her back on the backrest of the chair. "It's really hard...I really wish someone would take me away and save me from this drowning mess."

"Don't you want to go home for a while and rest?"

"No," A yawn escaped her mouth. "I couldn't just abandon my studies even though I'm having a hard time with everything."

I feel sorry for her. Why would she be the one getting affected the worst, when both of us has entered the world that our grandfathers have put us in.

It was supposed to be me, not her.

"You're sleepy, why don't you go back and sleep. I could help you with that tomorrow morning." He told.

"It's fine. I have already slept earlier. I have been sleepy lately and from the past few weeks than usual." She smiled while writing.

"I have noticed it too."

"I must have been tired because I'm stressing out a lot of things in my mind lately." Another yawn escaped her lips. "You should head back, I still need to finish this."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded in reply.

Michael smiled and stood up from the chair. He gave a gentle pat on the top of her head, which gave me a range of jealousy as my hand curled up into a fist.

"Good night, Y/n."

"Good night, Michael." Then he left, leaving Y/n to continue with her assignment.

I pulled my head back, hiding again.

I'm going to stay for a while, making sure that she wouldn't get caught by Mr Filch and making sure that she's safe.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

I was suddenly woken up from a loud thud of a book.

I looked at the brown clock that was attached to the wall and it was already 2 in the morning.

"Fuck, I fell asleep," I said in my thoughts while rubbing my eyes to get a clear vision of my surroundings.

I peeked again, only to see her asleep. Her head was on her hand while it was on the table. Her other hand was freely down from the table, and below it was the book that I heard fall.

The fire on the lamp has already gone out.

I stood up from the ground and walked closer to her. She was sound asleep, her hair almost covered her whole lips.

A smile appeared on my lips as I picked up the book and placed it back on the table. Then, my eyes caught on the parchment, full of her beautiful handwriting.

She finished it.

I rolled the parchment and cast magic to make it shrink so it would fit in my pocket, same as her quill.

I swiped the hair off from her mouth, showing how rosy her lips were even though she has no make-up.

She would put make-up on, in the broad daylight, but only she would apply mascara or a little bit of blush, no foundation at all, for her skin was healthy and beautiful.

I carried her into my arms in bridal style and walked back to the common room so I could take her back to her dorm.