“I’m alone you idiot!” Angelina shoves her way in and I quickly lock the door behind “I set up three alarm clocks! How did you not wake up?”

My eyes flicker to the opposite side of the room, where the remains of those alarm clocks are evident.

“Oops?” I offer her a sheepish smile

“It’s your wedding in two hours!” she throws her hands up, already dressed in a long gown of royal blue

“Well you’re my bridesmaid!” I throw my hands up as well “Help me!”

“Okay, okay,” She breaths out “Mum, Aunt Juliette, Gloria and Zaria are coming in fifteen minutes. We have to get you bathed and dressed before that.”

I look over at the ball gown of a dress on my bed and then take a deep breath.

“Lets do this.”

If someone ever tells you that they bathed, waxed, dried your hair and dressed up in fifteen minutes on their wedding day, believe them.

Its possible.

Only barely.

The moment Angelina finishes helping me put on the dress, the door of my apartment knocks. Thankfully, only Angelina and Luke have the spare keys.

“Oh, good,” Zaria enters carrying two huge boxes “You’re all set for makeup!”

“Sweetie, you look beautiful already!” Mom kisses my cheeks

“None of us are sleeping tonight,” Morgan wiggles her brows, Gloria bursts out laughing

Its been several months since Luke and I moved to New York. Try as I might, I can never get mom to stay with me for more than a month at a time.

Turns out, she doesn’t mind being at our old pack, now that Alpha Jax has taken some pains to ensure everyone’s treated well.

And a month back, I realized that maybe its time for the next step in life with my mate.

So I proposed him.

You can tell how it went by the fact that today’s our wedding.

And I get to boast about how we both proposed each other.

“Lets make me look awesome!” I say, excitement leaking through my voice

And then my stomach grumbles.

“Oh, dear, you’ve been so busy you haven’t even had breakfast yet?” Mom puts a hand at her chest “I’ll go make you pancakes, just as you like.”

“Love you, ma!” I blow her an air kiss and she catches it, walking out of the room towards the kitchen where Morgan follows, intending to make some tea as well

“Are you excited?” Gloria asks me, her deep red dress the same style as Angelina’s but deep red in colour, making her burnt caramel skin look more gorgeous than ever

“Oh, I don’t know,” I roll my eyes and then smirk in Zaria’s direction “Maybe I should ask some married girl what to expect.”