40. Forget manners

What's up my amazing peeps! Sorry, I am, yet again, super busy. But I hope u like the chapter!

Enjoy!

40. Forget manners

The door bursts open.

About eight men shuffle inside, rifles in their hands, black masks on their faces. The open door lets light in the dark room.

I feel the revolver in my hand, testing my grip. I wait until all of them are inside, moving from between the maze of heavy shelves we made starting just after the door.

I hold up the revolver and pull the trigger to give the signal.

A loud rumble shakes the floor as all the shelves collapse on the black clad figures. Luke, Ethan and Tyler come out from over the heap of shelves, our ambushers groaning and struggling beneath the wood.

"Come on," Luke grabs my arm, racing down the hallways, we take a sharp turn towards the tower we were staying in

Luke bursts into his room, Ethan and Tyler turn towards their own. He yanks a bag out from under his bed and then without waiting for me, turn to my room.

"We need to get the hell out of here before they come back." Luke says, opening my closet and stuffing clothes in the bag

"Wait, you knew?" I ask wide eyed as he slings it over his shoulder

"I suspected," he says "And I trust my instinct."

"The exists must be locked," Ethan says, as he and Tyler come inside "I saw guards moving there when we went to the party."

"That won't be a problem." Luke says, he bolts the door of my room and the strides towards the window

"We're on the second floor," he says, looking down "We should be able to make it."

Tyler goes first, then Ethan. I bite my bottom lip hard, staring down at the ground hesitantly. Luke turns to me;

"Hazel, we have to go." He puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes

"I know," I mumble, my fingernails dig in my palms

"Jump, I'll be right after you."

"What if I fall?"

Luke takes a breath, as if its costing him to say; "Parks will catch you."

I swallow thickly "What if he can't?"

A beat of silence passes between us.

"If I go first," Luke says, quietly "Will you trust me to catch you?"

I turn to look at him, his dark stormy gaze meets mine. Since when have I associated this face with trust? Since when have I started to believe the words spoken by this voice?

I take a shaky breath "You will catch me?"

Luke keeps staring at me for a moment, his face impassive granite.

He takes my hand in his and presses a kiss to my knuckles "I would never let you fall, Hazel."

Someone pounds on the door, I jump away from Luke. He meets my eyes for a second, then leaps down from the window, landing neatly on his feet. Luke opens his arms for me, my heart jumps to my throat.