NEW. 60. Alpha Bitch

60. Alpha Bitch

۝ Elise ۝

I groan again.

Lying on the cold stone floor of my cell, I wonder which position to take so my ribs are in the least pain.

Curling up didn’t work. Neither did laying staright. I scoot myself towards the wall, and slowly sit against it, slide down until I’m half laying, half sitting and decide this position will do. Even if its straining my neck.

My vision swims to the ceiling, my own raspy breathing hurts and when I lifted the beaten up shirt, I found my skin thoroughly bruised.

Cursing Goldstein colourfully under my breath, I trace the lining of the ceiling, my eyes now used to the dark.

The cracked cement and cobwebs swim through my sight until I’m looking directly above my head.

“Am I going nuts?” I murmur to myself, squinting to see clearly

But lo and behold, I find a vent, at the very end of the stone wall, near the ceiling.

Huffing, I stand up, or try to. Its almost a crouch because of my barking ribs.

A vent. An escape.

Footsteps near my cell and I quickly settle back into my previous position. My heart beats in my ears, excited and elated and nerous on having found a sort of escape route. The stone wall is shabby enough to be climbed.

But my ribs.

As if on cue, they hiss out in pain when I lightly rest my hand on them.

A lock moves and the door opens. Derek stands in the doorway, looking at me with bored eyes.

“Hello there asshole,” I croon, sitting straighter “Come for another round of beating?”

He rolls his eyes at my words and strides in. despite myself, I feel fear start to crawl up my spine, making my heart beat fast for another reason entirely.

They need me, I remind myself, they cant kill me.

But not killing me doesn’t guarantee not hurting me.

Derek smirks, no doubt hearing how fast my heart is beating. I do my best imitation of Luke’s scowl.

“Alpha wants to know if you’re done being a bitch,” he says

I narrow my eyes, remembering our last encounter.

“And if I don’t do it?” I’d asked

Zoya Goldstein raised a perfectly groomed brow “Oh?”

“You’ve kidnapped me, kept me in a cell,” I stood up, swaying slightly on my feet “Why should I help you in any way?”

“But Winters kicked you out,” She stood up “You are a rogue, you have no where to go anyways.”

“Than you might very well kill me after I make the declaration.” I said

A lithing laugh, and a chill ran down my spine. Knowing that she did not take no for an answer. Whatever clever words I had in my head evaporated when hands on my arms pushed me to knees again.

“Very true,” Goldstein walked over towards me again “But you’re in no position to decide what you do or do not want to do.”

She laughed at the glare I shot her “I’d like for you to reconsider darling. Because a monster’s nature is to break things it doesn’t like.”

And hence my probably broken ribs.

I keep my face carefully blank as I stare at him, the vent above my head no yet forgotten.

“Get a healer,” I tell him in a voice that should not belong to someone spiraled in a cell

“Ordering me?” He raises his brows

“I can barely walk,” I snap “I’m very sure anyone who sees me will think you beat me into saying whatever I say.”

He seems to consider, and I cross my fingers out of sigh.

Please, you dumbass, take the message to your Alpha bitch. Do it.

Derek turns to the door again and without a word, walks out, closing the door behind.

I deflate back into my half lying-half sitting position and loosen a breath.

My gaze on the vent, my hand slides into my pocket to clutch my ring, as tightly as you would a piece of wood in a stormy sea.

Please comment and vote!