• CHAPTER 3 •

Start from the beginning

    "Romeo, tell me," I yelled.

    "Talia," his voice got louder, getting closer to me, "in the room, now."

    "I am not leaving until I find out," I fired back. His face changed and his skin turned red, he took hold of my arm between his hand and dragged me back into the room before I could react. I freed myself from his tight grip when he shut the door behind him.

    Before I could yell at him, he surprised me by beating me to it, "what was that? When I tell you to go back in the room, you go back in the room. You're here under my eyes. So, when I tell you something, I say it for a reason and you have to listen. This is the last time I will allow such arrogance and stupidness from you, Talia."

    I was mesmerized by the way he was talking to me that it took me a few minutes to take it in. "Who do you think you're talking to like that?"

    "Don't start!" He pointed his index at me. I was taken back by his tone of voice.

    "Listen, if you think you brought me here to control me or that I will listen to everything you say then you're wrong. And don't think that your loud voice will make me get scared and follow you. I am not obliged by all of this. So by tonight, I will be gone." I was calm and patient. But I made my decision. I didn't want to create problems and I was in no way going to stay under his roof if he thinks that if I stay, he has control over me.

    "Gone where?" He laughed sarcastically, "are you stupid? There are people looking to kill you out there."

    "I'd rather be killed than talked to like you talk to me." I fired back. I walked past him to leave the room, but he grabbed my arm. With one switch, I pulled my arm from his grip and slapped him on his cheek, "don't hold me like that ever again." I hissed at him. I glared at him with red eyes then turned to leave again. I opened the door but before I had a second to step out of it, the door was shut again. "Let me go!" I yelled. He was driving me crazy.

    "You can't leave!" He yelled back. Maybe I was driving him crazy too.

    "I want to leave. I want to die." I nodded and tried to push him out of the way, but he didn't move, "let me go!" I yelled.

    "No," He screamed back.

    "Why!" I yelled louder as if we were having a competition whose voice was louder.

    "I would love for you to leave but I promised your father I would take care of you." His tone lowered down but his eyes never blinked, looking straight into mine. "So, you're not going to leave until I say so."

    "I want to leave." I coldly repeated myself, not knowing what to say to make him change his mind and let me go.

    "No." he simply said.

    I groaned. I wanted to grab him and pull him as hard as he pulls me to his car and tells him to drive me away from this place. My fists clenched and my eyes were scanning every inch of the room. He knew that I won't be able to get out of this place. He knew that even if I wanted to leave, I needed a car. I started to think about it more. Even if I have a car, I need to pass by the entrance and I was sure that whoever was standing on it knew not to let me out. Why would dad have a room in this house? The room was huge with his portrait filling half of the wall on top of the bed. "What did you do?" I whispered, looking straight into my father's eyes. I let my eyes rest for a few seconds then opened them again, letting them run over every other part of the room. The empty desk, the large clock, two tall white curtains from the ceiling to the floor on each side of the bed and two others on the left side of the bed, with two big couches and a rounded table in front of them.