CHAPTER - 05

Kristy is on the bed when I step in to my room, doodling on her pad and listening to some techno pop. "We need to talk," she jumps to her feet.

"So...talk." She better not blame me for anything or I'm losing my precious shit again. Dear Lord.

"Thank you for what you did last night..."

Okay. "But?" There's no way she doesn't have anything else to add. I just know it.

"But you messed with the wrong person."

"Tell me something I don't know." I smirk.

"No seriously, you've made a terrible mistake." It doesn't take long, does it? Somebody needs to remind me...just why did I decide to help her?

"Okay?"

"That guy is Aiden Crawford." I close my eyes to the decadent name, of course he is. That name suits him. "He is bad news and this is fucked up on a global scale. He is nothing like Ryan or Mason. Even professors don't mess with him. Why would you even slap him?" Her voice has grave undertone.

"So what are you suggesting?" I aaked perplexedly.

"All I'm saying is that while you thought you were helping me...you weren't..."

Uh... "Can you explain that?" Does this seem crazy or am I failing to hear things correctly?

"I don't have a problem with what was happening yesterday."

"What the-" Blood drains down from my face.

"Mason hooks up with the random women all the time and it's not like he doesn't know I do." So if I'm following her, it was consensual?

What in the hell have I done? If only I were aware that Kristy isn't monogamous in her relationship, even if she loves Mason insanely, that this is regular and official things people do around here, I wouldn't have gotten to this point of terrible lapse of judgment.

"Are you even serious?" I can barely hear my own voice; my heart is ringing in my ears, splitting it.

"I know this seems messed up but it just got out of your hands." She searches my face and shoots a quick harried a smile.

I laugh madly. "Seriously Kristy, you have this toxic life where I think I'm saving your ass and I end up being the one to suffer." This is so not fair.

"I know this is insane but watch your back form now on. Trust my word on this, living on Aiden's radar is worse than living in hell." What am I supposed to do? Leave the college? Exit the city? What the hell!

I basically walked into a web of oriental nonsense without an exit plan or a warning. I need to wave a white flag before things spiral out.

"I will be careful," I prop my head in my hands and tug my hair tightly. "Did you talk to Aiden about this?" I inquire weekly.

"He has definitely lost his nuts," she says. 

I need to fix things before there's an actual damage. I look past the window and gaze at the rain pouring and the wind howling in a rhythm. In an attempt to gather my thoughts, I take my planner and begin to sort through my plans for the week. Later, I decide to read a book until I drift to sleep.

****

Monday morning induces my craving for caffeine, so I wind up hunting a café near the campus.

When I find a quaint one not very far away from the campus, I grab a large mug of black coffee.

The weather is cool and pleasant, whipping my hair to the wind as I drive back to the campus.

As I progress past the gates, someone bumps into my car and I kick the brakes abruptly to pullover.

Scurrying out of the car restlessly, I inquire, "are you okay?"

The man turns around to reveal himself and I'm shocked.

"Didn't you find another vehicle to toss yourself over and die?" Wow, I'm jinxed. It's the dude from the nightclub.

"You bitch..." he mutters curses.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"I can fuck you anywhere I want." When does this stop? I'm exhausted with this.

"Right here? With the cameras eyeing around every corner? Sure." I toss a tendril of hair back and he curses under his breath.

"I could've fucked you back then," he says.

"Oh but you couldn't so why don't you get out?" This dude doesn't even look good; his face is swollen and did someone pluck his piercings out? Jesus. He snickers and my brows knit bewildered.

"I could've fucked you if Crawford didn't show up. Fucker had me begging him to stop from going to the cops." Oh hell no. My palm slaps the hood of my car as I feel the ground shifting beneath me.

"Crawford did what?" His words are suddenly unfathomable. I need to find him. Fast.

****

I scan the extended hallway and spot Aiden seated on a bench, inherently graceful and glorious. He is indulged into writing, dressed in a white v-neck t-shirt and black denims with black leather jacket. Is that a journal? Yes, it is. Who could've thought he writes into journals? Oddly, I love it.

He looks out of the window and deliberates steadily; writing furiously as I advance closer to him and he snaps his journal shut, rising to his feet fluidly and pivots to leave as he glowers and I stand frozen to my spot, feeling alert under his scorching gaze. I halt him in his tracks by blocking his away after a beat.

"Don't. Utter. A. Fucking. Word." I wince to the bitter austerity in his voice and look at his immaculate boots. Here goes nothing.

"I need to talk to you," I tear my gaze away and look into his brilliant eyes, so stormy.

"Why would I want to ruin my day?"

Goddamn it, I didn't realize how bad this is. I did this to him. It's all my fault and I feel terrible. He didn't stop Kristy because he was aware of it and I'm sure there's a reason why he treats women like tools or whatever that is. I want to believe there's good in him, more to him than eyes can meet.

"I wanted to apologize for what I did the other night. I really am sorry. I did something I was in no condition to and I regret it deeply, please Aiden don't walk away and listen to me." My voice is watery as it cracks; I sound miserable and desperate. I feel it too.

~~~~

Please don't forget to vote, share and comment. <3