CHAPTER - 02

It's been a few hours and I'm done cleaning the room and taking a shower. While sifting through the mails on my phone, I hear the door click open and a slender, beautiful girl wanders inside. Her lilac hair is the first thing that catches my attention.

"Holy Mother of...this room smells like fucking garden. Did I walk into the wrong room?" she exclaims, looking around and then her gaze lands on my bed, and then on me. "You must be my new roommate. Did you...do all this?" she asks comically.

"As a matter of fact I did. Do you even clean your room?" I arch a brow questioningly.

"Nice to meet you too, sis." she snorts, plopping on the bed and I get back to my business. "So how do you find this place so far?"

"Good." I answer nonchalantly and she looks at me, I eye her back quizzically and she smiles.

"I'm sorry, where are my manner! I'm Kristina Martinez, but friends call me Kristy."

"It's nice to meet you, Kristy, I'm Jessica Dawson." I say evenly and she looks at me for a beat.

"Do you have any plans for the evening?"

"I do now." I smile genuinely.

She grins. "Awesome."

Okay, so Kristy just revealed her big plan for the evening and I'm already skeptical about the whole thing because...I've never been to a club before. After a long moment of contemplation, I decided for a pair of denims and a tee with a denim jacket and for a moment of honesty, it's indeed exhilarating to try something completely new. I just hope I'm not imposing.

Kristy looks beautiful in her halter dress, with her lilac hair so sleek and down her shoulders and her freckles around her nose ring. I wish I were so bold with my taste of attires; she pulls off the look so well.

A knock on the door catches me off guard. "It must be Mason. He's our ride." Oh.

Grabbing my purse on the go, I head out and lock the door with my set of keys. Strolling behind the two as they talk indistinctively.

"She looks a lot like..."

"I know, shut up." Kristy snaps and now I'm frowning.

Something is clearly going on. Mason is sturdy with piercings and tattoos; it's scary to the limit that demands my ignorance.

"Is it gonna be a long drive?" I ask nonchalantly and Mason turns his gaze on me.

"Not really, just a couple of blocks down the street."

"Oh, all right." I gaze out of the window from the backseat of Mason's car and grin to the night city, taking in the view and admiring the pedestrians on the sidewalk pacing with their busy lives.

There are several conversations on the table to indulge into but I'm a comfortable listener. The drive is short and after the vehicle halts, I slide out of the car and drop my keys on the asphalt ground.

Sighing inwardly, I crouch down to fetch the keys with my humming nerves.

"Are you alright there?" I fidget things when I'm jumpy.

"Yeah, I am. Just some old habits," I smile sweetly at Kristy as she paces at me and I drop my keys in my purse carefully.

"Let's get in."

Hot Mama is newly constructed with bouncers and a vast dance floor with great music. People are dancing like there's no tomorrow and the crowd is thrumming with energy when we make it to a quaint booth where the rest of the crowd is.