Chapter ThirtyThree - Angel

She left super early today so I skipped sending her off, but promised to pick her up afterward, I think. But, of course, I did wake up to say 'good morning'.

'Are you coming, baby?' my phone is making annoying noise, waking me up in the process.

'I think so. at 3, right?'

'I left the note. :('

What note? I bring my sleepy body downstairs and see a yellow post-it note on the fridge.

'Pest control today. School ends at 12, I miss you already. ;)'

No, it's 12 now. FML, ok, ordering an Uber quickly and making myself a cup of tea while wait for that car to get here. I chug down the whole cup at once before putting on my usual sneakers and rush out.

----------------------------

Charlotte is just sitting on a sidewalk like a kid that got forgotten by her parents.

"Babyyyyy, why are you sitting here like this?" I'm scared to laugh.

"I cannot enter my building," she pouted pointing at her building with a pest control sign hanging at its entrance.

I cannot hold it in anymore and let out a little laughter.

She gives me a sad puppy eyes, "I have been waiting for you for almost an hour." she continued to whine.

"Come on, let go home then," I extend my arm out for her to support herself up.

"Ummm...my key is kind of in there."

I rolled my eyes unintentionally.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm calling a cab, princess. Hang on." I rubbed her cold hand instinctively.

"Are you cold?" I whispered while still waiting on the line.

She shakes her head in reply.

"Come here," I said while pulling her body into my embrace. "I told you to bring a jacket with you, didn't I?" I can't help but feel annoyed by the idea of taking my jacket off for her but I did it anyway.

Taking off my puffer jacket and put it over her shoulder, leaving me with just a thin cotton t-shirt and a sweatpants in this January weather. This is not a sweater weather anymore, it's a freaking down jacket weather. I sighed softly.

"Aren't you cold?" she said, avoiding my eyes, while fixing both her arms in its sleeves.

"Nah, it's ok." I said while start to jump up and down to raise my heart rate in an attempt to keep myself warm.

Finally, our cab is here. Thanks god, the driver is surprisingly quiet. You know those talkative drivers who always make you uncomfortably ghost people in real life.

Charlotte leans in for a longer than usual kiss, "for the jacket," she whispered.

I rubbed my neck shyly. Her sweet adorable eyes just get me weak on my knee every time we stare for too long.

----------------------------------

She carefully put my jacket in our closet by the door. I love the way she does small things like that. The way she seems to care about every small little things, the way she is being so sweet to Charlie and to almost every single human beings, and her sad blue eyes.

"What are you looking at?"

"You." I smile widely.

She hummed in reply.