Chapter TwentyFive - Twentyfour

A few years have passed, and I am now 24 years old. I decided to do my master's abroad. I hate to leave Charlotte, but it will only be a year, and it is the only place that offers the programme I want to do.

Moving to a new country is never easy, even though this is like the fourth time that I am doing this. Same procedure as last time?

Buying only the essentials and only the cheapest option so that it can be thrown away at the end.

Making new friends, but do not get attached.

So once again, I am here at the new airport for the first time with one piece of luggage in my hand. I will be here for exactly one year. I breathe in the new air, well, the airport air—the one filled with sweat and dirt of all the passengers' bodies after a long flight. Refreshing.

I am walking to the border now, handing in my passport and giving a dry smile to the control guy.

"Samantha Andersons?"

I nodded.

"What are you here for?" Clear german accent, but it somehow sounded weird.

"Study."

He nodded before stamping and handing me back my same old maroon passport.

"Thank you," I said without looking at him before making my way to the luggage collection.

---------------------------

There are a bunch of football kids in the luggage collection area. I personally have never been a fan of football. However, my dad did force me to games once or twice, so not totally a foreign sport to me. After a while of waiting, I managed to collect my same old grey bag from the belt and proceed to the taxi line right outside.

"To Ne-um-un-ster, please." My attempt to pronounce a foreign language.

"Huh?"

I give up, showing him the address on my phone instead.

After an hour, I am at my new home. Settling in and sleep in an unsheeted bed once again. The first days are always too tiring to find the sheets to cover the perfectly sleepable bed.

-----------------------------

Second day. I am going for a walk around this student village. My hope was high that I would make some friends, but sadly, it is horror-movie empty now. The area is filled with thick snow and icy patches. So I mostly slide my way through places. There is not much to see here, just a lot of similar-looking buildings.

'How are you? :D' A message from the same old Charlotte pops up.

'Very cold, but not bad. I miss you already :('

'Facetime ? ' one second after the message, I receive the call.

"Babeeeeee," Charlotte groans from the other side of the camera.

"Why did you have to do your master's in another country again????" she whines.

"Because this is important to me, and it is only a two-hour flight away from London." I pouted.

"Yes, I know, but I miss waking up next to you."

"Aww, me too."

"So, have you made any friends yet?"

"No, all I met is a vast amount of snow. It is unreal." I said while panning the camera to a pile of snow next to me.

"Oh wow, that's a lot of snow!"

"I knowwwww."

We keep on talking while I'm showing her around.

"I need to go now. I have class in a bit, Sam."

"I love you," I smile.

"364 days more, baby."

"I love you," I whispered.

---------------------------------

I put our photo on my nightstand so I can see it every day before falling asleep. Charlotte is now the head of the department at the same university in London. Our relationship is also going great, if not because of the master's, we were planning to adopt this year. I mean, we are so great with Charlie. I know a cat is not a kid, but we are sure we can do it.  As for me, my small company is going amazing with Lily came back and helped me out after her graduation. Charlotte was not thrilled by the idea but she is ok with it, at least. 

Charlotte is 36 now, which is my opinion she does age a bit but it just made her become more mature if that is even possible. We were doing so good, living our best life for a year after the whole conversation thing. My lips was only for her all those time. I guess we are officially together, like together together.

The heard my ipad rings again.

"What?"

"What with the tone?" she pouted.

"I thought you have class."

"It's finished. What are you up to?"

"Not much difference from what I have been doing two hours ago." =..=

"I'm walking home now. Charlie has been missing you too, Sam. Are you coming back to visit soon?"

"I have just got here!"

"Right right. ok."

She just continue walking with me still on FaceTime.

She struggled with the front door before finally managed to put me on the kitchen table. "Look Sam, it's almost Christmas. What is your plan?"

"..." It would be exam period so I would rather spend time here focusing.

I picked Charlie up to face to camera "We both expect your presence here."

"Meow," I interpreted that as putting me down lady and a "yessss".

"I'll try."

She continue busy with her kitchen routine, preparing food things. "Did you have dinner?"

"No. I will order something soon."

"As usual."

"How's work? Is the workload simmer down yet?"

"Yeah, much better. I guess no body really cares anymore. Half of the department is on leave," she chuckles.

"Then why don't you come and visit me instead?" I suggests.

"That's an option but isn't the whole point of you being there is to make some friends there too, I mean instead of spending time with me. Otherwise there would be no difference from you just study from here." she furrowed looking at the camera.

"Umm, maybe you got a point. .. but I MISS YOU"

"I do too."

I heard the knock on the end. She just walked  away from me to answer it.

"Hey," she greeted someone.

"..."

"..."

"Hi Charlie!" I heard a small boy voice from a distance.