30

{30}

I had to do this on my own.

"The cases have risen at a concerning rate over the course of last one week. What will the government do?"

"Absolutely not. You are not going there alone." I love Soobin, I love him a lot; but I hate how sometimes he was one of the most stubborn human beings in my life.

"Come on, it's not like my own parents would eat me up."

"Correction, it's only your mom who wouldn't eat you up. I am not very sure about that man you call your dad."

See, that's what I am talking about. I hate it. "Oh please, as if you don't try to devour him every few minutes." Soobin gave a disbelieving side glance to Beomgyu who was a push away from falling into peals of laughter.

"I never do that!"

"It has been three days and all I can see is you eating his face throughout the house."

I threw a lighthearted glare at the man. "You weren't even home. Half the time you were out doing god knows what."

So I had decided to go back home. Alone. I had dragged Soobin into enough stuff already. Nobody knew what would've ensued with my dad being the way he was. I didn't want to lower Soobin's self-confidence-- knowing now that it affected him a lot.

But of course, he wouldn't leave me alone without any protests. He wouldn't leave me at all, and that was the hardest part. I did, however, manage to convince him off of it by offering for him to dye my hair. It worked and, surprisingly, he didn't choose blond this time.

"Don't worry, I was using my time productively." Beomgyu's eyes were fond when he said that as if living a memory that he cherished. And then he ruffled my now brown hair out of the blue. Was he always that random?

I could only chuckle. "Now am I allowed to go?" I asked, turning to face Soobin. His eyebrows were turned into a frown, his bottom lip stuck between his bunny teeth.

"Take care, Hyunnie. Give me a call if things don't go as planned." I smiled.

"Of course."

~~~

Third Person POV

"Iseul?"

As soon as she heard it, Iseul straightened her back, wiping away the tears on her tanned cheeks. She did not bother to look up, instead staring at the paperwork she was using as an excuse for distraction, not that it helped. "What is it?" Her voice reflected no emotion, except the slight crack towards the end.

"Are you not even going look at me?" The man was faced with silence. Kang Hwan was aware of the mistake he had done but was he ready to accept it?