21

{21}

Soobin stood a few meters away.

To say I was stunned was an understatement, I was completely gobsmacked. I just didn't move for a few seconds and neither did he, so we just stared like that. And before I knew, I was walking forward, feet trudging upon the stone path. And then I was running because he was here. Soobin was finally here. Closer than before. 

But he raised his hands, confusing me in the process. I looked at him with furrowed eyes, expecting something to be said. He got the message. "My...my test result isn't here yet...I could harm you if I turn out to be covid positive." He let out hesitantly, sorrowfully looking down. I felt like my heart would burst from the happiness.

He cared.

"I-It's okay but- how are you...well-" His eyes narrowed with a supposed smile hidden within the mask of his. "It's all thanks to Beomgyu." I knew something was off with all of them. I knew something was going on behind my back. "So is the test done? When will the result be given? Where will you be staying? And for-" Soobin lifted his hands in the air, patting the space between us.

"Calm down Taehyun-ah, I just came back from the clinic. Beomgyu and Yeonjun would come in half an hour with the results I guess...meanwhile we can spend some time."

I was still disappointed. "But you are like right here! How do you not expect me to not hug you."

"Who stopped you from that?"

"But we are standing like 5 feet away!" I replied with exasperation. One problem with Soobin was he always talked in riddles and half of the time I just won't understand him. As of now, he was smiling like an idiot and I just wanted to smack his face. Oh, how I love him so much.

"Then we can have a walk. What do you say?" And I forgot my inner conflict. The fact alone that Soobin was here made me giddy. We waited so long for this, what's a few more hours.

Thus we found ourselves walking along the path, still five feet away but closer than ever. There was like a string connected between us that tugged me along with him, feeling the same emotions as him. Excitement, happiness....horror. Everything aside, the result could be anything and we were still worried about it. 

"Hey, do you mind sitting on a bench?"

"Not at all."

We found a place soon enough where we settled down and chatted like some old friends. It was nice. "So in the end we couldn't repair it and dad found out. He was pissed for a month. It was his favourite vase."

Soobin laughed but was interrupted by the ring from his phone. His eyes knitted together in a frown as he stared at the caller ID. I looked at him with concern. "Who is it?" He lifted his gaze and shook it. "It's Yeonjun." And I knew exactly why he was calling. I held my breath as he answered. "Hello...Yeah, he is with me...Okay...I understand...Yes, I will."

The call was disconnected and Soobin was expressionless, my heart dropped. I wanted to reach out to him. "Binnie?"

I was engulfed by two arms surrounding me and holding me close. I dumbfoundedly stared at the sky, awkwardly patting his shaking shoulders. He was crying and I could feel the tears wettening my jacket. "Soobin-"

"It's negative, Hyunnie." He choked out. I got the freedom to hold him now, so I did exactly that. I tightened my hands around him as he buried his nose in my neck.

That five feet gap diminished.

"I love so much Taehyun-ah."

"I love you too, my Binnie."

Are you online?

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

A/n: AND I finally demolished my writer's block with Yeonjun's baseball bat (ifykyk)

And congratulations to TXT on their second win,
let's continue streaming!

And congratulations to TXT on their second win,let's continue streaming!