𝟦𝟨 | 𝖨'𝗆 𝖦𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖳𝗈 𝖠𝗌𝗄 𝖧𝖾𝗋

Start from the beginning

Serenity said she's in the mood for ramen so I'm going to make some for us. Probably the only way I eat ramen is if it has two ingredients in it. Three if you count hot sauce. Once I put the blocks of ramen in the pot of boiling water, I began to cut up a piece of onion and cilantro. I'll be adding those to the ramen afterwards along with the hot sauce.

Before, I really never enjoyed eating ramen until one day when I saw a bowl of it sitting on the kitchen island. It looked very appealing which is why I couldn't help but take a bite. A bite took into a few bites then those turned into almost finishing half of the ramen. Turns out the bowl of ramen was Natalie's.

She practically almost bit my head off when she saw her food was halfway eaten by her twin brother.

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER

"Here you are, love." I slowly slide over the bowl of ramen in front of her that has cut up onion and cilantro I added in. I also set a cup of orange juice in front of her as well with the hot sauce in front of us.

"This looks good." Serenity opens the bottle of hot sauce and adds some in her ramen before mixing it up. I would have added it myself but I don't really know how much she prefers. "Oh, this is really good." She adds after taking the first bite. "By the way, you are not allowed to kidnap me from the mansion again. If you just want to have sex with me here," She motions her hands around, "in the penthouse, you just can ask and I'll happily agree."

I can't help but laugh. "I'll keep that in mind."

While we ate breakfast, Serenity told me about how she and Samuel were finally able to figure out what happened to Cassandra and Ryan's parents.

Yesterday morning they left to go somewhere alone. I was wondering where they went but turns out it's this spot they call the red bridge where they go when they need to be alone. At least that's what Serenity told me. It's odd to know that my parents knew The Shadows or the notorious assassin duo.

When my sister and I were kids, we would always find time to sit in front of a computer and just do all this research about The Shadows because we were so intrigued by them. I think we both looked up to them when our papa would train us.

Who would have thought the notorious assassin's had two kids, twins, who would soon turn out to be members of my team. Although I wouldn't say members just yet, Cassandra and Ryan lend a helping hand to my mafia. But I do consider them close friends of mine now and I'm very glad they were finally able to find closure about their parents.

· • —– · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · —– • ·

Grayson: Okay

Grayson: So let me get this straight.

Grayson: You want me to sift through your stuff until I find that small velvet box you put away two years ago?

Grayson: Because you want to put it on Serenity's finger?

I swear my best friend can be one of the smartest people on the planet when he needs to be, to the stupidest person on the planet. While waiting for Serenity to get ready, I decided to send a text to Grayson to start looking for the ring I got for Serenity two years ago.

Five or six months after we split, I decided to put the velvet box in a storage room of mine located in the mansion. It hurt to even look at it because all that came into mind is what could've been.